[SOLVED] Should I sell my PC and get a ps4 and a phone?

xRaiiny

Prominent
Aug 24, 2019
Hello, so about 4 months ago I sold my phone and my ps4 and bought a gaming PC. here are the specs:

i3-7100 CPU
GTX 1050 2GB VRam GPU
8 GB DDR4 RAM
1TB HDD and 125GB SSD
LG 22MK400H 75Hz 1080p monitor.

But the problem is that I dont have a phone and school is 2 Weeks to start. I don't have a social life but yeah I actually need a phone for stuff. but at the same time I need a PC to play esports games like csgo and rocket league etc.. (I don't play then too much tho)
and Im not sure if a ps4 support 60+ fps on games tho so if not then the 75hz monitor is wasted basically.

Im kinda confused so any help/advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sorry for my bad english.

Solution
When I dumped my god awful CenturyLink phone/dsl service, I converted over to a VOIP service that piggybacks onto a landline phone via your ISP. So there's no expensive install fee like with a regular landline phone. All you need is a phone and you pay like $26 to get the service started, which includes the free adapter box and the first month of service.

Most people that have a PC, especially if you play eSports games, also have internet service to play online. The VOIP service I went with is called 1-Voip. Their plans start at $8.97 a month, which limits you to 500 outgoing minutes. I've only ever once come close to exceeding that in well over a year of use. If you don't have an active social life, it should be adequate.

1-Voip...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I would keep the PC and get a cheap phone if you need a phone.
wal-mart has prepaid phones available.
I have used their straight talk (from wal-mart) for years and the service was fine and cheaper than any contract the big providers force you into. if you do not need it for three months you do not pay for three months. on their website they often have free refurbished phones with the purchase of a month of service.

https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/en/straighttalk/phones/st-lg-stylo-3-reconditioned

buy the service get the phone, no contracts.

When I dumped my god awful CenturyLink phone/dsl service, I converted over to a VOIP service that piggybacks onto a landline phone via your ISP. So there's no expensive install fee like with a regular landline phone. All you need is a phone and you pay like $26 to get the service started, which includes the free adapter box and the first month of service.

Most people that have a PC, especially if you play eSports games, also have internet service to play online. The VOIP service I went with is called 1-Voip. Their plans start at $8.97 a month, which limits you to 500 outgoing minutes. I've only ever once come close to exceeding that in well over a year of use. If you don't have an active social life, it should be adequate.

1-Voip has great customer service, and they also have spam blocking and a way for the user to blacklist unwanted calls. You just login to your account, look at the number listed of the nuisance call, and enter it into your Blacklist list, then no more calls from them.

Adequate landline phones can be had pretty cheap. I went with a V-Tech with built in answering machine I picked up for $25. It's lasted me for years.

This is a newer model similar to the one I have for $30 with free shipping. https://www.amazon.com/VTech-CS6429...scsubtag=875922500-2-&tag=shopperz_origin3-20

BTW I also recommend keeping the PC. PC still rules over console.

[edited]
I just realized the "bad english" comment may mean you're outside of the US, and 1-Voip only serves North America. Voip phone services are common anymore all over the world though, and can be had cheaper than cell phone service if you don't need mobility.

Last edited:
Solution