[SOLVED] Should I send in my card for an RMA due to sometimes getting graphical errors, can I still get RMA, will it even help..?

Tronlo

Honorable
May 26, 2016
I am not sure about what to do with my Gigabyte RX 5700XT Gaming OC. Since getting it I have been worried that it won't survive very long. I got it brand new off of Amazon back in November last year. Since then, I've experienced a few times where it wouldn't wake up from sleep, but this isn't what I am most worried about. I am most worried about sudden freezes or weird graphical flashes, black screens, etc. They can happen when I'm gaming as well as when I am just browsing the web. These can happen maybe every 2 or 3 days, depending on the usage. Today for example I got complete squares as I was playing a game all over the screen. I could use windows key for example but it would show outline of a window with weird colours per box of pixels. Sometimes I gradually go to the point where I can't press anything and things completely freeze, but the graphical squares stuff is the scariest as those happen the most when the actual card is dead.

Now, I know that this card has its set of problems with random freezes and black screens. I sort of accepted that in the current shortage I will have to deal with that, I brought this for £400 and now I would be looking at about £600 used. What I DONT want to deal with is the card becoming completely dead. So I want to know if I should be panicking or not that it wont switch back on again at one point... I want it to last till late 2022/2023 as the shortage might possibly be ending towards then.

Last edited:
Solution
You probably don't need to here, but it's extremely important information to have when it comes up. The EVGA GQ is much lower quality than, say, the EVGA G2.

Tronlo

Honorable
May 26, 2016
If you purchased it from a legitimate seller, you should have the fully warranty on the GPU. I'd start the claim now rather than later. What PSU are you using?

It is an EVGA 750W gold rated supply. I can't remember the exact name unfortunately, would it help if I opened the case to check? Should I order another supply and test if it improves things? Should probably be possible with Amazon return possibility.

Also, how long would the warranty be for? I definitely have the box laying somewhere.