Question Should I stick with Ryzen gen 2 or upgrade to gen 3?

May 3, 2019
Currently, I'm building a new PC build, thinking I'll be able to complete it sometimes in December/January. It's going to be a mini-itx system paired with a Ryzen 2700x, using it for some streaming, some gaming, and overall system performance. I knew Ryzen 3 was going to come out eventually, but after seeing the announcement made recently, I'm wondering if I should keep with the Ryzen 2700x or get a Ryzen 3800x instead. I'm working on a more limited budget, around 700/800 dollars in total. I already have a gpu for it, and I want to direct around 400/500 for the rest of my system. My main concern is compatibility going forward and the lifespan of a Ryzen 2700x vs the 3800x. I also am wondering if the motherboard I'm going to go with, an ROG Strix b450-I, will work with Ryzen 3 as well, or I will have to get another motherboard. All I'm aware of is there may be driver compatibility and power-draw issues.

tl;dr would it be worth it for a build that's already planned out to swap a Ryzen 2700x for a 3800x?