• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

[SOLVED] Should i still update my bios?

Jul 19, 2021
A bios update is available but the manufacturer says that it is for windows 8.1(the manufacturer only provides drivers for windows 8.1)and i am currently using windows 10,should i still update?

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
A bios update is available but the manufacturer says that it is for windows 8.1(the manufacturer only provides drivers for windows 8.1)and i am currently using windows 10,should i still update?
Maybe they mean the Bios update utility is for Win8? Otherwise Bios version is independent from operating system like Windows.

If your computer is currently running fine, updating the Bios is optional, not mandatory.

Reactions: sawma_xd

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Maybe they mean the Bios update utility is for Win8? Otherwise Bios version is independent from operating system like Windows.

If your computer is currently running fine, updating the Bios is optional, not mandatory.

Reactions: sawma_xd

ASK THE COMMUNITY