[SOLVED] Should i still update my bios?

sawma_xd

Commendable
Jul 19, 2021
A bios update is available but the manufacturer says that it is for windows 8.1(the manufacturer only provides drivers for windows 8.1)and i am currently using windows 10,should i still update?

Solution
A bios update is available but the manufacturer says that it is for windows 8.1(the manufacturer only provides drivers for windows 8.1)and i am currently using windows 10,should i still update?

Maybe they mean the Bios update utility is for Win8? Otherwise Bios version is independent from operating system like Windows.

If your computer is currently running fine, updating the Bios is optional, not mandatory.

Maybe they mean the Bios update utility is for Win8? Otherwise Bios version is independent from operating system like Windows.

If your computer is currently running fine, updating the Bios is optional, not mandatory.

Reactions: sawma_xd
Solution