[SOLVED] should i swap my laptop for this laptop???!

Dec 25, 2018
so ive been offered a swap deal for my gaming laptop which the specs are

clevo p870dm-g
i7 6700 desktop cpu
16gb ram ddr4
2x 2tb sshd hard drives
256gb ssd
2x Gtx 980m 8GB ddr5 in SLI

swap for

i7-5930k
32gb crucial ddr4
4gb gtx 970
2x 240gb ssd hyper x savage ssd
bluray drive
750w corsair cs series 80 plus
corsair h100i gtx hydro series cpu cooler

is it worth it for me to swap for it ??

Solution
-not much of a significant difference between the 2 cpus themselves as far as gaming goes
-no gamer really needs more than 16gbs of ram at the moment, so the extra 16 with do pretty much nothing for you
-your laptop has so much more available storage(like ~2200gb to 480gb), that it hurts my eyes to even look at, +2 to you
-GTX 970 is weaker than your 980m SLI, but SLI isn't widely supported, therefore, in most titles, 970 would win, +1 to the swap
-you could always add a bluray drive yourself, right?
-a 550w would've been enough to power that swap build, and then some...

score: 2 to 1
IMO, the swap doesn't having anything worthwhile over your current laptop - for gaming - to bother an exchange.
If it were more productivity, or work...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-not much of a significant difference between the 2 cpus themselves as far as gaming goes
-no gamer really needs more than 16gbs of ram at the moment, so the extra 16 with do pretty much nothing for you
-your laptop has so much more available storage(like ~2200gb to 480gb), that it hurts my eyes to even look at, +2 to you
-GTX 970 is weaker than your 980m SLI, but SLI isn't widely supported, therefore, in most titles, 970 would win, +1 to the swap
-you could always add a bluray drive yourself, right?
-a 550w would've been enough to power that swap build, and then some...

score: 2 to 1
IMO, the swap doesn't having anything worthwhile over your current laptop - for gaming - to bother an exchange.
If it were more productivity, or work related, then I would ALMOST go with the swap, but then I just *gasp* at the storage.

Solution