Should i swap my processor or gpu

hightsee

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
I want to buy an Intel i5 2500k processor and pair it with my current AMD Radeon HD6670(2GB) and i was wondering if i should buy that processor or another one, my current one is Intel Pentium G2030 3.00GHz.

And also should i swap the graphics card instead of the CPU?

Oh yeah, I need it for gaming.

Solution
If you can find one really cheap, sure... just don't sink too much into older tech.

If your budget allows, get something like the 2200G or 2400G, a cheap mobo, and 16GB(2x8gb) of 2800-3200 speed ram. That way you have upgrade paths in the future and you could make due with the on board graphics from those chips. Maybe even sell your current setup for a lil $ to help pay for it, those parts aren't worthless if they still function (good for basic student stuff/youtube quality vids/good enough to watch DVD on PC, maybe even ultra light gaming) but they are aging and don't play nice with newer stuff like windows 10 and certain programs.

robax91

Distinguished
If you can find one really cheap, sure... just don't sink too much into older tech.

If your budget allows, get something like the 2200G or 2400G, a cheap mobo, and 16GB(2x8gb) of 2800-3200 speed ram. That way you have upgrade paths in the future and you could make due with the on board graphics from those chips. Maybe even sell your current setup for a lil $ to help pay for it, those parts aren't worthless if they still function (good for basic student stuff/youtube quality vids/good enough to watch DVD on PC, maybe even ultra light gaming) but they are aging and don't play nice with newer stuff like windows 10 and certain programs.

Solution