[SOLVED] Should i switch to 4G Hub ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
Hello, basicly the problem is packet loss, have been motorin it for months now, had i think like 6 engineers visits, they cant find whats wrong with it, I had watched videos, have read a lot of forums about it, and its basicly the problem is in the ISP end, everything fine in my end. And its now pointless for me to keep asking them to fix it, as its they same thing over and over again, they keeps sending engineeer into my house they checks it tells me everything is fine which is not and then leaves, even i showed them the packet loss, while i was monitorin it, they allways runs few tests on the socket and tells me everything is fine etc . Told them the problem is not in my end . As i said it is pointless cuz same thing over and over again . I want to try BT 4G Hub maybe that would be better ? I want to do it for the gaming, because now gaming its terrible im currently with BT Fibre 2 .

Solution
A 4g hub uses wireless mobile broadband. That is always a bad idea for online games. Mobile broadband has all kinds of random latency spikes.

Now it might be better than a wired connection that is defective but you should always use some form of wired internet for games.

Some ISP are pretty clueless but you have to do your testing similar to what they will do. If you can plug a PC directly in to the modem without your router. Then run tracert to some IP like 8.8.8.8. You then want to ping hop 1 with a normal ping command to show the ISP that the loss is in between your house and the isp.

If you can't remove the router try to ping hop 2 to show the loss. So they don't blame the router ping hop 1 , your router...
A 4g hub uses wireless mobile broadband. That is always a bad idea for online games. Mobile broadband has all kinds of random latency spikes.

Now it might be better than a wired connection that is defective but you should always use some form of wired internet for games.

Some ISP are pretty clueless but you have to do your testing similar to what they will do. If you can plug a PC directly in to the modem without your router. Then run tracert to some IP like 8.8.8.8. You then want to ping hop 1 with a normal ping command to show the ISP that the loss is in between your house and the isp.

If you can't remove the router try to ping hop 2 to show the loss. So they don't blame the router ping hop 1 , your router, and show no loss there.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS