Should I switch to android?

Biglemon29

Honorable
Sep 29, 2014
So about two years ago I purchased a windows phone. I was having many problems with it so I switched to a iPhone 5s. I am currently in the market for a new phone and I am deciding whether or not to get an iPhone 7 or a android equivalent. What phones do you guys recommend for watching movies, taking pictures, and using mainstreams apps such as snapchat, instragram, etc ?

Solution
If you ask my opinion, I would tell you not to buy iPhone 7. Sure it has a great performance, a great camera, but Android has its bright side, you can always find more apps on Playstore than App Store. You can always root your phone and flash a custom ROM with more customization. If you have savings to spend on an iPhone 7, I would recommend you to buy a Google Pixel/ Pixel XL. Here are some long reviews for this phone and some say it has a better camera than iPhone 7. I myself have not used it but I would recommend it to anyone planning to buy a new phone.

Pixel XL :

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-xl-xda-review-a-foundational-release-for-google-post-nexus-android/...
Well for those requirements, your 5s is more than sufficient, but if you are looking for a high end phone, that would obviously be the S7 variants or iphone 7 variants. If you like iOS, then there is no reason to switch. If you want to test something new, either get the Samsung S7, or buy a Google Pixel to try out the pure android experience.

If you just want opinions on Android, I've used both Apple and Android and prefer Android. However I've never been fully immersed in the "Apple experience" so the fact that everything was Apple proprietary was just annoying to me, if you already have Apple devices, it might be easier to stay with them. But overall, I do prefer Android for a number of reasons.

As for a specific phone, I have the LG G5, and love it. It's super fast, it has a great look/feel to it, insane camera (compared to my cousin's Pixel and we thought the G5 was better) and it charges lighting fast. But you really can't go wrong with any of the flagship phones like the S7 and the Pixel.

deadlyghost

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
If you ask my opinion, I would tell you not to buy iPhone 7. Sure it has a great performance, a great camera, but Android has its bright side, you can always find more apps on Playstore than App Store. You can always root your phone and flash a custom ROM with more customization. If you have savings to spend on an iPhone 7, I would recommend you to buy a Google Pixel/ Pixel XL. Here are some long reviews for this phone and some say it has a better camera than iPhone 7. I myself have not used it but I would recommend it to anyone planning to buy a new phone.

Pixel XL :

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-xl-xda-review-a-foundational-release-for-google-post-nexus-android/
http://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-xl-review-720243/

EDIT: Read this article : http://www.androidauthority.com/flirting-with-iphone-7-722277/

Solution

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
I kind of agree with deadlyghost
If you ask my opinion as well, I've always been an iOS user, but recently in July I got a phone with Android 4.4.2, and even it not being the newest android out there, it is so much more customizable and easier to customize and do things than iOS. Apple overprices their things. I would not get an iPhone 7. The iPhone 7 is missing the headphone jack and you need a little adapter. There goes listening to audio on earbuds or headphones and charging simultaneously. They could've just added the headphone jack back to the top if they needed two dual speakers so urgently. If you want a good android phone, the best ones out right now are the S7 and Note 7. There have been things where the Note 7 and I think the S7 too are blowing up the batteries, but Samsung is calling back the phones to do service on them to fix the issue and prevent it from happening. But this is rare for this to happen. It's only happened to about 100 or 200 phones out of the possible millions. Google Pixel seems to be good right now too.