should i switch to pc gaming from ps4?

Jake_148

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
i have a chance to trade my gateway laptop and ps4 pro for a ASUS ROG G752V its a very nice laptop and i enjoy playing games a lot and i want to make sure this will be a good and fast laptop for that trade the laptop is like 1,500 to 3,000 new is pc gaming better or console?

Solution
If you look at the number of titles you play and if they are all available on PS4 but not on the PC, then you should stick to the console. If you intend to play titles that are released on the PC then you're going to be well served with that laptop. Speaking of which, that is not a PC nor is it a complete desktop replacement, it's a mobile computing device and is more catered to folks who are on the go.

If we're looking at USD, that is a lot of money you could allocate to building your own custom system provided ofc that you want to stick to the titles that are released on the console. On that note, what games/genres do you play?

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the number of titles you play and if they are all available on PS4 but not on the PC, then you should stick to the console. If you intend to play titles that are released on the PC then you're going to be well served with that laptop. Speaking of which, that is not a PC nor is it a complete desktop replacement, it's a mobile computing device and is more catered to folks who are on the go.

If we're looking at USD, that is a lot of money you could allocate to building your own custom system provided ofc that you want to stick to the titles that are released on the console. On that note, what games/genres do you play?

Solution

Alt231

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
I'd have to go along with Lutfij on this. Switching between PS4 and PC is primarily up to what games you play. In addition to this, you may want to take into account if the laptop would benefit you since PCs are more than just gaming machines and the laptop would be more portable than the PS4. At the same time, PS4s are more of media centers that are streamlined to play games well so if you're only planning to play games sticking with the PS4 may be the best choice. I would also recommend finding out why exactly somebody would be willing to trade a $2000+ laptop for a PS4 and gateway laptop.

Excellent point. Either the other party is ignorant of prices, or they're trying to pull a fast one on you.

While technically true, it's hard to realistically qualify that for each individual. Not everyone cares about SuperMegaUltraMaxOHWOW! graphics. The money required to do it is often 3x - 4x as much money as a console, and not everyone wants to pay it. Not everyone has the eyes to notice the graphic improvement. And it doesn't take into consideration all the other factors of leaving a console ecosystem ( (re)buying games, different multiplayer capabilities, losing console friends list, etc. ).

I game on both PS4 and PC. Generally speaking, I buy most games on console because it's simpler to play in many situations. I also have many more multi-player acquaintances on PSN than I do on Steam or any PC network. My PS4 Pro doesn't put off as much heat in my small office as the PC does on hot days. The PS4 also acts as a whole media center. It'll play games, watch Blu-rays, and run streaming apps like Netflix if you don't have a smart TV. It also does local multiplayer much better than PC so you can get three buddies on the couch with you playing Diablo, Rocket League, or Borderlands. My PC is mainly for games that I really want to enjoy the graphical splendor or that will likely have a large mod community ( Witcher, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age, etc ). And I have a lot of older games that I still like to play every now and then.

I'm not a fan of gaming laptops for the most part. They're quite a bit more expensive than a regular laptop for very little extra capability. Unless you absolutely NEED to have gaming on a laptop because you have to be able to play on lunch breaks at school or work, building a desktop is a far more cost-effective way of PC gaming. A desktop is also modular so you can upgrade individual parts as necessary, something laptops can't do. And you can always build an ITX machine if you want a quasi-portable PC for LAN parties and such. You can get quite a competent gaming PC for about $600 ( minus monitor and peripherals ).

That's an incomplete model number you list. The GL752V series comes with anything from a Kaby Lake i7, 1070 GPU, and 4K display down to a Skylake i5, integrated graphics, and 1600x900 display. I'd be sure you get the full model number and exact system specs on that thing before you make a decision.

TRENDING THREADS