Question Should i switch to ryzen 5 3600x or intel core i7 9700F

Obsnacks

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 21, 2019
I was woundering if i should switch to amd because people say its the future i just want a straightfoward answer which is better in gaming than the other

my pc specs:
rtx 2060 super FE
core i5 9400f
2x8gb 24o0mhz ram
seasonic 650w power supply
gigabyte z370p d3 motherboard

Going to AMD you need new motherboard and if you want to use own cooler then you have to buy AMD cooler or use the stock ones plus CPU 3600X so save money i would just do bios update for the i7 9700f that way it saves you time upgrading and still have an good cpu to game on!. If you want 3600X your only getting 4 extra threads where this CPU 9700f getting two extra cores and 8 threads and turbo speed upto 4.7ghz so in away both are good but you have the specs already to upgrade cpu without needing to buy other things! But go with the 9700k not the f because the K one can go upto 4.9 and thats a good CPU

Last edited:
How long will it hold up for like how long can i run games at the highest settings without getting below 100 or 60nfps

How your system working now with games is it smooth and getting your FPS you want because if your current specs still working with games then you could wait until the new cpu come out to upgrade and keep saving up until then?

Last edited:
The 9700K , 9900K, and 9900KS sit comfortably at the top of the gaming frame rate pyramid, currently...; if you could recoup $100 on your 9400, perhaps you can find a sale on a 9700KF, etc)

(As 10th gen is coming out in a month or so, disregarding the 3 day old paper launch, this might make waiting to evaluate the 10700K, at ~$100 less,..tempting...; but, hypothetical savings are then spent on a new LGA1200 mainboard)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So is it worth waiting?
It might be.

But knowing that it's another Skylake refresh with a slight frequency bump...
-moar cores on the flagship
-the low end now has hyperthreading(they never should've dropped it in the first place)
-higher power consumption, higher heat output. Sorry, but those extra cores and the hyperthreading don't come cheap.

Intel will get to keep their crown for gaming king, users need only pay their price premium, however much more that will be over a Ryzen 3000 or 4000 based system...