Question Should I take a GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS MASTER over an ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi

patrick2099

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I had ordered a computer with a ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi motherboard. That model seems to be running behind. They are offering me a GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS MASTER to replace it with, for the same price. Otherwise, the estimated arrival date of the ASUS is 12/12/2022. I'm sure either of these are overkill for what I need, but I am seeing less info on the Gigabyte than the ASUS, and Gigabyte seems to take a long time for customer support (I've never dealt with ASUS for comparison).

What would you all do? Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm sure either of these are overkill for what I need
What is it that you'll bee doing with your build? What sort of features/functions are you looking from your motherboard/build?

IMHO, without looking into what your needs are, the Gigabyte board looks pretty well built.

patrick2099

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I'm sure either of these are overkill for what I need
What is it that you'll bee doing with your build? What sort of features/functions are you looking from your motherboard/build?

IMHO, without looking into what your needs are, the Gigabyte board looks pretty well built.
Gaming probably at 1440p. Mostly RPGs and some strategy games. No competitive stuff.

Music production.

Web browsing/media consumption.

Financial stuff.

For features and functions, I really just need something stable, low noise, with a good bios. I need a decent amount of USB ports, which both have. Looking at the specs, I didn't notice a huge difference, but I'm not super knowledgeable on current PC gear.

I'm really not too concerned about four days, either, unless the four days keeps getting pushed back.

Last edited:

patrick2099

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
There are many boards with very similar names but the key difference I see is the boards are different sizes will the gigabyte fit in your case
That's a good question. The case is:

https://nzxt.com/product/h7-flow

The case specs says Motherboard Support:Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX, and EATX (Up to 272mm)

The AORUS specs say EATX and 30.5cm x 26.0cm

That looks like it could be a problem, but I wouldn't expect them to offer one that didn't fit. I just really didn't know if anyone had already compared these or which brand may be better or if there were any major issues with either board. I have an awful time with options paralysis.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023
Hello.
When assembling the computer, I noticed that the motherboard has problems with beeping, buzzing similar to coilwhine. I took a video of where this unpleasant sound originates, it is very annoying to the ears. The reason is at the control panel where there are plugs for usb, video output, plug for internet.
I removed all the components from the motherboard Gigabyte Aorus master z790. But the annoying sound is there. Please help me, what should I do? I also replaced it with a power supply, but it doesn't help. The sound is heard from the sockets on the back side of the motherboard connectors.
this sound is driving me nuts, coilwhine whining..what to do rma or?😦😦🤔 please help?
When assembling the computer, I noticed that the motherboard has problems with beeping, buzzing similar to coilwhine. I took a video of where this unpleasant sound originates, it is very annoying to the ears. The reason is at the control panel where there are plugs for usb, video output, plug for internet.
I removed all the components from the motherboard Gigabyte Aorus master z790. But the annoying sound is there. Please help me, what should I do? I also replaced it with a power supply, but it doesn't help. The sound is heard from the sockets on the back side of the motherboard connectors.
this sound is driving me nuts, coilwhine whining..what to do rma or?😦😦🤔 please help?
poor support for problems- issue, obviously it's time to switch to an Asus strix E board. Gigabyte disappointed me. The recording is more than obvious that the board, is defective with whining- coilwhine, and it is very annoying to the ear.
View: https://youtu.be/UZ56GkkAYKc

Jan 6, 2023
I had ordered a computer with a ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi motherboard. That model seems to be running behind. They are offering me a GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS MASTER to replace it with, for the same price. Otherwise, the estimated arrival date of the ASUS is 12/12/2022. I'm sure either of these are overkill for what I need, but I am seeing less info on the Gigabyte than the ASUS, and Gigabyte seems to take a long time for customer support (I've never dealt with ASUS for comparison).

What would you all do? Thanks.
No if u want bad coilwhine... and bad support of Gigabyte if u got issue.
Gigabyte disappointed me. The recording is more than obvious that the board, is defective with whining- coilwhine, and it is very annoying to the ear.
View: https://youtu.be/UZ56GkkAYKc