Should I take this windows 10 pro deal from playasia.com?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Because it is.

Those codes at a minimum are group license not meant to be sold or at worst stolen. We have had users buy codes like that only to have their Windows deactivated.

A legit Win 10 home license can be had for under $90, its worth it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Not a single site that sells keys like that is a "legit site". They are all selling non-saleable keys. Maybe you've gotten lucky but as posted above even Kinguin and G2A has such keys and they are deactivated all the time.

Any person with any kind of common sense would look at kinguin and know that site is fake. I mean comon look at it?

with aakeys, I know of 2 dozen people who have bought windows/office keys without issue, get the key within about 6 hours, and go on their marry way. The first person I knew who bought one was almost 5 years ago and still no issue. Been almost thinking of getting a win 10 pro license for my tablet that came with Home.

Also if anything they have paypal if you want to be safe about it.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Seriously? Kinguin is a major site, it and G2A are the by a huge margin largest software key resellers.

The website you linked looks like my nephew made kit on geocities.

Sometimes you get lucky sometimes not. We deal with this EVERY DAY here and have seen many many cases of folks getting screwed on Microsoft keys from many sites. I'm glad it worked for you, but advising people to use it is bad advice, based on the collective experiences here.

My bad. I typed in kingquin not kinguin. Two totally different sites.

If its so big though then why does it have so many issues?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Kinguin and G2A and other site have plenty of legit game codes. People get them in contests, they are included with GPUs, giveaways, bundles, etc, theres like hundreds of ways that legit game codes end up out in the wild.

Windows (and all MS products for that matter) on the other hand is very tightly controlled in how you can buy it or get it. Aside from clear retail copies the only way you can get it is included with a PC or OEM copies. Codes that are sold by code sites are generally from bundles that are not for public use, such as educational codes, or licenses for businesses. For these to be out in the wild they are many times effectively stolen (example you have 5 extra codes from work that are not needed, you take them home and give them to friends, they stolen). However Microsoft has the ability to deactivate licenses remotely so in my aforementioned example now your boss realizes you took them he can contact Microsoft, report 5 stolen licenses, and they can disable them. Even if they are not stolen, if they are being sold cheap against the terms that they were obtained, Microsoft can deactivate them for that too. Its in the license and purchase agreements.

We have also seen the case where two different people were sold the same license code. Every couple of days the person's PC would deactivate, so they would just re-enter the code and it would activate again. After some digging we figured out that was the issue.

The big sites just sell more of them, however the little sites like you posted have the same problem.