Question Should I test the CPU in another motherboard?

Nov 4, 2019
Basically, my motherboard had a short circuit or something else thanks to the PSU. I bought a new motherboard the Gigabyte b450 aourus elite and a new 700W powersupply. I have tested the motherboard with an Athlon A6 apu and it is working. Should I test my old CPU Ryzen 5 2600X, or is it risky as it could damage the motherboard if it's dead?

Nov 4, 2019
Dead CPU won't damage the motherboard. It just won't POST if CPU is indeed dead.

Thank you for the answer. I forgot to mention that this is the second motherboard i got. In the first motherboard I bought I immediately placed the Ryzen processor in and it would not start. So I took the motherboard and processor into a computer shop for further testing and the motherboard would not start even with their working processor. The guy told me to return the motherboard as it was not functioning. Is it possible that the motherboard was killed by placing a dead/faulty CPU into the socket and somehow it damaged the motherboard? If it is not likely the case, and the motherboard was just DOA I will try to test the processor again. :)