[SOLVED] Should i test these?

sDGam

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I ordered components to build a PC for my girlfriend.
Everything was installed correctly, windows and drivers were installed fine as well.
3 hours after the first boot and after all the software installation, the pc suddenly shut down. After pressing the power button there was a flash from the motherboard's leds and the fans got power for like 1 milisecond. I suspected the psu was dead at that point since i had that happen in my own pc a while back.
I hit the power button again and that was when everything went wrong. A small flash of smoke came from the psu and the motherboard died. (no signs of burn on any of the visible components though)
Long story short, i sent the psu for rma and got a new one back. I also sent the motherboard for rma but i'm still waiting to get a replacement (waiting for 1+ month, thanks MSI).

In the meantime i ordered and assembled a new pc for myself, and here comes the initial question.
Is it safe to test the GPU, CPU and RAM from my girlfriend's pc using my own motherboard?

Her pc has ryzen 2600 and x470 motherboard, while my motherboard is x570. I know they are all compatible but is there any chance that her components could damage my motherboard or psu?

The builds in detail:
Her:
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI x470 Gaming Plus
Palit RTX2060 StormX OC
Patriot Viper 16GB 3200MHz
Corsair CX550M

Mine:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
Gigabyte RTX2060 Super Gaming OC
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz
Corsair RX650M

Solution
Best course of action is to breadboard your parts and then see if they all run. often times a stand off can short out a part on the board/system. Also, the smoke coming from the PSU can be due to a faulty and/or failing unit.

Ideally the PSU maker should be covering the cost of replacement for the system, if smoke did come from the PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Best course of action is to breadboard your parts and then see if they all run. often times a stand off can short out a part on the board/system. Also, the smoke coming from the PSU can be due to a faulty and/or failing unit.

Ideally the PSU maker should be covering the cost of replacement for the system, if smoke did come from the PSU.

Solution

sDGam

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I did breadboard when the new psu arrived and the motherboard was definitely dead so i sent it for RMA but i've been waiting for more than a month and i want to reduce the overall waiting time by testing the rest of the components before the new motherboard comes.
If i get into trouble with the RMA i'll turn to Corsair for covering the costs.