Question Should I trade by PC for an Xbox Series X?

Jan 12, 2023
Hi am considering trading my PC for an Xbox series X with 27 games and a 42inch smart tv, following specs of my pc

Processor: i7-6700k - (4c/8t) Overclockable through BIOS.

Ram: 16GB DDR4 ADATA XPG 3000MHz - (2x8GB)

GPU - Colorful RTX 2070 Super 8GDDR6
Can use up to 4 monitors.

Storage -
ADATA - 256GB M.2 SSD
2TB SEAGATE HDD

Motherboard - ASUS B150 PRO GAMING/AURA. Has RGB which is customisable through the software.

Cooler - MSI Water Cooler. Keeps the CPU at 30-40c.

PSU - MSI 850w Platinum.

Case Fans - 6 RGB fans with a RGB fan controller. Remote included to change colour.

Should I make the trade or pass?

I'd pass, because even though the i7-6700K is getting long in the tooth, it can still get 60FPS+ in a lot of games. And even if it can't do that because the game is CPU heavy, you can still at least crank up the visuals without apparent performance loss.

You could also easily upgrade the CPU, motherboard, and RAM (if needed) for the price of all of that.

I would have to say no as well, The 6700k can still play every game out there, I mean yeah some games like Battlefield hammers the 6700k but it'll still play it, plus the 6700k's single core performance is still pretty good at stock, Overclock it a bit it'll help and it'll keep up with some of the modern CPU's in games that don't scale well cross multiple threads anyway.

Plus its a PC, you can do so much more with it, and you can play xbox games on PC digitally anyway.

Thats my opinion, I haven't owned a console since the original Xbox so lol.

Reactions: Rokinamerica
Jan 14, 2023
If you don't play any PC specific games and want an Xbox.. Than why not? I would probably not take the TV though and instead ask for some cash.

Which games do you play?

You do realize also that you can get a long hdmi cable and run from your pc to your existing TV, and that you can add a Bluetooth module to the pc, then Bluetooth an Xbox controller to the pc? So you should be able to get set up to where you can play many of the games you get on Xbox on the PC, and that doing the method above you should be able to play on a TV.

Jan 12, 2023
UPDATE
Hi everyone,

for your replies, I have decided not to trade for my PC, but the guy has offered me an extra $375, is the deal still worth it? Or should I pass on the offer

TRENDING THREADS