should i trade my ps4 for an xbox one ?

Solution
The PS4 and the Xbox One are both a great console. They share almost the same features, they do what it's supposed to do, the graphics look amazing. The PS4 is more focused on gaming, while the Xbox One is more focused on the entertainment platform.
If you want to know which one is better, than you can read this:

PS4:
-Hard Drive can be upgraded by sliding off the top cover, opening up a few screws, and putting in the new hard drive
-More focused on gaming
-Controller feels a bit more better (personally. I've held both controllers, and I find the PS4 more fitting. For my hands atleast)
-Smaller and doesn't take up as much space
-Starts up faster
-Cannot use external hdd to install games on
-Has PS2 game emulation (Doesn't read PS2...

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Replace the phrase "Xbox One" with PC
and yell yeah everyone here would say the same to quite an extent,

apart from that Imo getting an xbox one is better it is getting more games recently and titles are ported to it before the ps4, online is better the controller is better and based ojn digital foundry benchmarks we are seeing that newer more cpu dependent games are working better on xbox one, even colors from a game like fifa 16 aare better on xbox one. Although thats my opinion but go with pc.

souflex

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016

already own a good gaming rig :) but i appreciate your .02 and eager to hear more from others !

souflex

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
hearing its getting more support and better games down the line,thats pretty much it to be honest lol. the only game that interests me would be halo also.... so i guess its safe to say if it is only for that one game it wouldn't be worth it right ? again just a friendly conversation happening here haha

i am and shall remain pro pc :p

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
The PS4 and the Xbox One are both a great console. They share almost the same features, they do what it's supposed to do, the graphics look amazing. The PS4 is more focused on gaming, while the Xbox One is more focused on the entertainment platform.
If you want to know which one is better, than you can read this:

PS4:
-Hard Drive can be upgraded by sliding off the top cover, opening up a few screws, and putting in the new hard drive
-More focused on gaming
-Controller feels a bit more better (personally. I've held both controllers, and I find the PS4 more fitting. For my hands atleast)
-Smaller and doesn't take up as much space
-Starts up faster
-Cannot use external hdd to install games on
-Has PS2 game emulation (Doesn't read PS2 game discs, you have to buy the games off the PS store for a cheap price)
-Doesn't read CDs
-Might become 4k with the rumored PS4K console
-Getting virtual reality
-Has 2 USB Ports (A usb hub can be purchased to get even more ports)
-Has rest mode (System is semi-turned off, lower power consumption, can charge controllers and other devices, can download firmware updates and game updates, no fan activity in rest mode, maybe a bit but VERY hard to tell)
-Power supply is internal, no power brick required
-Uses newer ram

Xbox One
-Can use External Hard Drives to install games on
-Hard Drive cannot be upgraded, you would have to buy a new xbox to get a bigger storage amount
-Supports backwards compatibility for some 360 games
-Can be slightly quieter than the PS4 sometimes, has more ventilation
-Only has 1 usb port on the left side of the console, and 2 on the back, makes it 3 but would be better at the front (hub can be purchased for more ports)
-Can be used to watch tv
-More entertainment focused, a bit of gaming
-Requires AA batteries to use controller (Charge and play kit needs to be purchased to charge batteries and play)
-Uses older DDR3 RAM while PS4 uses newer ram
-Has power brick on cord
-Kinect, can be used to turn system off with voice, turn off system, etc.

Now compare all the info together and see which one you find better

Solution

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
I am not sure were you get that info @ChaoticWolf but some ae wrong:

- Xbox one starts 3 secs or so before the ps4
- DDR3 isnt old and ps4 dosent use newer ram, ps4 uses graphics oriented ram and Xbox one Uses Compute Oriented Ram
- A 'BIT' of gaming ?, Xb1 is receiving games more then the Ps4 tbh,
- For most people the Xb1 controller is better the ps4 controller is more prune to damage and wear n tear though

Corrected them bro, you sounded biased and a few things were wrong there

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

"Xbox one starts 3 secs or so before the ps4"
Yes. It does. Starts 3 secs after pushing the power button. But as it's loading, it takes longer. Trust me, I've used quite a few xbox's before.
"A BIT of gaming? Xb1 is receiving games more then the ps4 tbh"
Yeah, and so? Doesn't matter. The Xbox one is more focused on entertainment platforms. That doesn't mean anything.
"DDR3 isn't old"
Yes, it isn't. But it's not the latest ram.
"For most people the xb1 controller is better the ps4 controller is more prune to damage and wear n tear though"
Because, those people don't know how to handle their stuff. You would have to treat your controller like a complete jackass for it to "wear n tear"

And where am I getting the info from? Online and from myself. I don't know if I'm just unlucky and I've had xboxes start slower and all, but that's what I've seen with all my friends xboxes. They even say some games are more laggier than the ps4. Face it, the ps4 is more better in gaming. That's my opinion. Not to mention, the PC smashes both the consoles. I'd prefer ps4 and PC in gaming