Should I trade my Razer Lycosa for a Corsair K60?

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I have a Razer Lycosa that my friend gave me for free a few months ago since he got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. Now a different friend has purchased a Corsair K60 about a month ago. He doesn't really like the overall feel of it and said he'd trade it to me in exchange for my Lycosa.

Based on the prices it should be a really good trade, since my Lycosa is pretty old and fairly well used, and his K60 is barely used and new. It is also mechanical, which the Lycosa isn't.

The K60 seems to be worth about $120, and the Lycosa about $70 - $100 depending on where you get it from.

What do you guys think? Is the K60 worth trading for?

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
I LOVE my k60. It is a great keyboard, and I've owned quite a few keyboards. The only downfall is no back lit keys, so if your fine with that, I would trade that for the k60. (Since my screen lights up my keys enough at night anyway)

K60 is the best keyboard I have ever owned, especially if you like mechanical cherry mx switches

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
We decided to trade for a day and see if we liked it. So far I am kind of mixed. It will definitely take some getting used to. Overall I think it is worth it since it feels better and is fun to type on, but it is being kind of glitchy. For example, during the typing of this message I have some how opened the "Inspect Element" thing in Chrome twice. Is there some driver I have to install or something?

EDIT: I think I am accidentally holding control while typing some of the time. It requires very little force to press the key down so I may be holding it down unknowingly. If I make an effort to keep my hand off the control key it doesn't seem to happen.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Yeah I hear of a lot of people having the problem of pressing down to easily on the keys, once you get used to it, its very efficient, helps you type ALOT smoother and faster.

Glad to hear you like it though :)

K60 and K90 use red switches. Those are very light and its very easy to hit more than one key at the same time. Thats makes it a great keyboard for gaming, but quite bad for writing.
Then you have black switches that are good for writing and "bad" for gamgin (not bad... just not as good as red).
I have the K90 (moreless the same) , and im practicing with it since moreless a week gaming on broodwar (the most taxing game in terms of speed and accuracy that i know of), and i got a "decent" opinion on it after a week (after using a G11 for 4 years).

I think its a great keyboard overall. (thou i still plan to get myself a steelseries 6vG2 to use the PS/2 connector).

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I prefer the blue switches in my other friend's Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. They make a nice click. I find these ones press down too easily so I end up accidentally hitting things I'm not trying to, and if I rest my hand on WASD it triggers the keys.