Should I try BD free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I've been using Avast Free and Malwarebytes for quite a few yrs now, but I would like to try Bitdefender free, Avast has never interfered while playing my games, will BD free interfere with any gaming? If not I will jump to Bitdender free right now. from all I've read about BD free seems very good, I'd like to try it only if it doesn't with my gaming.

Solution
I would say that BD has been very gaming friendly with my personal experience. It's definitely a light AV, and doesn't take up very many resources, so having it in the background shouldn't cause any problems. As far as interruptions go, I don't think that it should cause any problems. I've never even noticed it updating itself, let alone make any kind of noise or glitch during gaming; and my experience is on an old gaming laptop (Core 2 Duo hahaha)

Whether or not you like the AV, that is up to you. I do think it's worth giving a try, though.

cheese9k

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
In my personal experience, BD is great and doesn't interfere with gaming. Though my opinion is fairly biased as I tend to get their full package for free (they normally give family pack licenses out at conventions I go to).

Skylyne

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
I would say that BD has been very gaming friendly with my personal experience. It's definitely a light AV, and doesn't take up very many resources, so having it in the background shouldn't cause any problems. As far as interruptions go, I don't think that it should cause any problems. I've never even noticed it updating itself, let alone make any kind of noise or glitch during gaming; and my experience is on an old gaming laptop (Core 2 Duo hahaha)

Whether or not you like the AV, that is up to you. I do think it's worth giving a try, though.

Solution

Geezer760

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Just installed BD Free a few minutes ago, so far so good,I'll give it a try ,see how it goes ,as for Avast I've used it for a couple yrs now I never had any problems with it,it did the job ,I haven't had any type of infections in 2 yrs with Avast free, but I'll give Bitdefender a shot I've seen many good reviews on it, Thanks.

Skylyne

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
I will say that Avast is going to be less effective at AV work, as it does perform lower in lab testing. That said, I'm not trying to say you do have some malware on your computer lol. You may notice a difference in overall protection, you may not. Just a heads up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS