Should I try this crossfire setup?

Oct 29, 2018
I am currently running one r7 370 card in my rig, however I have come across another. My question is would it be recommended to run it in a crossfire setup with my current one, and if so can my PSU handle it?

SPECS:
Motherboard: ASRock B350M Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 1800x
GPU: xfx r7 370
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (2 x 8GB)
SSD: SanDisk 960 GB SATA III & External 500 GB USB
PSU: Rosewill 650W 80+gold

Solution
I wouldn't recommend using crossfire or SLI, especially on lower end cards. The cons are heat, power, micro stuttering, not all games support it and it can cause system or game instability. To be honest you may well want to just buy a newer faster card.
I had two R9 290Xs and I replaced it with single GTX 1070 which is theoretically slightly worse but in the end much better (no micro stuttering and insane 600W power consumption)

PaulieVideos

Reputable
May 16, 2016
I wouldn't recommend using crossfire or SLI, especially on lower end cards. The cons are heat, power, micro stuttering, not all games support it and it can cause system or game instability. To be honest you may well want to just buy a newer faster card.
I had two R9 290Xs and I replaced it with single GTX 1070 which is theoretically slightly worse but in the end much better (no micro stuttering and insane 600W power consumption)

Solution
Oct 29, 2018

I was afraid this was the case, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, Crossfire and SLI are virtually dead today. Even games have started dropping support for that tech entirely. Getting a single faster GPU is easier, uses less space, uses less power, generates much less heat, does not require beefy power supply, has no issues with driver/game support and microstuttering. All pros, no cons whatsoever.