[SOLVED] Should I turn on XMP with this setup?

Jul 5, 2022
I use two sticks of RAM, one with 3000mhz speed and 1.35v, and the other with 3200mhz with 1.2v, and my motherboard supports 2666/2400/2133 frequencies. My RAM is currently running at 2400mhz. Should I turn on XMP?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your motherboard and your processor paired with said motherboard? You're advised not to use two mismatched ram sticks/kits to ensure stability. In fact using two different ram sticks are akin to you wearing two different sized clown shoes. They protect your feet, for sure but they only make you look silly. No, don't run X.M.P while on those two sticks of ram.

Lutfij

Titan

Make and model of your motherboard and your processor paired with said motherboard? You're advised not to use two mismatched ram sticks/kits to ensure stability. In fact using two different ram sticks are akin to you wearing two different sized clown shoes. They protect your feet, for sure but they only make you look silly. No, don't run X.M.P while on those two sticks of ram.

Solution
Jul 5, 2022

Hey, thank you.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte B360M Aorus Gaming 3, and my processor is a Intel Core i5-9400f.

TRENDING THREADS