Question Should I undervolt my ryzenm 5 3600?

Micha_2

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2016
My cpu is average around 55°C and 1.45V on idle, should I undervolt it? Will the performance decrease that much?
Note: my cpu cooler is a evo 212 rgb black edition

savage8190

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
What are you using to monitor it? I know there was some issues specifically with monitoring software keeping the cpu from throttling down and keeping the voltage up....not sure if they fizlxed it yet. Ryzen master doesn't have this problem.

Reactions: CountMike

InvalidError

Titan
Depending on what AGESA version you are running, power management options and monitoring software used, "idle" may actually stand for "100% boost load for the few milliseconds it takes for software monitoring software to read data and update the display" so you never get actual idle values because monitoring keeps the CPU boosted.

Reactions: CountMike

Micha_2

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2016
What are you using to monitor it? I know there was some issues specifically with monitoring software keeping the cpu from throttling down and keeping the voltage up....not sure if they fizlxed it yet. Ryzen master doesn't have this problem.
Sorry for the late reply, I'm using HWMonitor to monitor it.

Micha_2

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2016
Depending on what AGESA version you are running, power management options and monitoring software used, "idle" may actually stand for "100% boost load for the few milliseconds it takes for software monitoring software to read data and update the display" so you never get actual idle values because monitoring keeps the CPU boosted.
So should I be worried about my temps and my voltage or not?