[SOLVED] Should I uninstall old drivers before installing new graphics card !! Help

Harbintatamata

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
Hello guys, i need a little help overhere... Im trying to figure out this thing lately because i have ordered a new gpu for my computer and i dont really know what to do specifically, i wanted to format the pc first but ive heard a lot of rumors that formatting your pc when you change the GPU its not really necessary at all. So what should i really do right now? I will get the gpu by tomorrow i think with the new psu (corsair cx550+gtx 1660)... So to start first i need to unistall the old gpu drivers, shut down the pc and change the gpu, after that i can turn the pc and install the new gtx1660 drivers? Does that seem alright? I really need some opinions hear, i would be really glad to hear some advices. Thank you.

Solution
D
Normally I don’t but if you have problems it’s good to use the DDU utility to uninstall everything first from safe mode but if you’re not having problems and it’s just an update it should be OK
D

Deleted member 14196

Normally I don’t but if you have problems it’s good to use the DDU utility to uninstall everything first from safe mode but if you’re not having problems and it’s just an update it should be OK

Solution