[SOLVED] Should I update my B450M motherboard to the latest BIOS if I have a Zen+ CPU in my system?

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
So, I've been having weird USB issues and I thought that I should probably update my BIOS as it hasn't update since I've gotten it, and the original BIOS is already over 2 years old.

Now, the problem is, is that I have an AsRock B450M Pro4 motherboard with a Ryzen 3 3200G, as it is right now, it has the 3.90 version BIOS, and the latest is 4.90, which adds the support for Ryzen 5000, now, I'm worried that if I update it, I can potentially brick it (and there really is no easy way to fix it if that would happen, at all.)

I'm mainly worried about the addition of Ryzen 5000 part because it removes support for older CPU's, now yes, my CPU is technically Ryzen 2000 and is Zen+ so there should be no issue, but I want to hear an outside opinion if it would be worth it. I've also faced some stability issues since day one, so a BIOS update might help with that (or make it even worse, idk.)

Solution
So, I've been having weird USB issues and I thought that I should probably update my BIOS as it hasn't update since I've gotten it, and the original BIOS is already over 2 years old.

Now, the problem is, is that I have an AsRock B450M Pro4 motherboard with a Ryzen 3 3200G, as it is right now, it has the 3.90 version BIOS, and the latest is 4.90, which adds the support for Ryzen 5000, now, I'm worried that if I update it, I can potentially brick it (and there really is no easy way to fix it if that would happen, at all.)

I'm mainly worried about the addition of Ryzen 5000 part because it removes support for older CPU's, now yes, my CPU is technically Ryzen 2000 and is Zen+ so there should be no issue, but I want to hear an outside...

I'm mainly worried about the addition of Ryzen 5000 part because it removes support for older CPU's, now yes, my CPU is technically Ryzen 2000 and is Zen+ so there should be no issue, but I want to hear an outside opinion if it would be worth it. I've also faced some stability issues since day one, so a BIOS update might help with that (or make it even worse, idk.)
Hello there!
I dont think there should be any issue your processors code name is picasso and its not mentioned in yellow and updating on the latest bios firmly says not to update specifically for 3300x and some other gen cpu but not yours.I get how scarry it might seems but you can also contact their support team for confirmation.

Solution

eternalabys

Honorable
Nov 8, 2018
Hello there!
I dont think there should be any issue your processors code name is picasso and its not mentioned in yellow and updating on the latest bios firmly says not to update specifically for 3300x and some other gen cpu but not yours.I get how scarry it might seems but you can also contact their support team for confirmation.
Thanks for the quick reply and reassurance! I really needed it. :)

Reactions: General Kenobi