[SOLVED] should i update my bios to the new 3rd gen ryzen

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
should i update my bios to the new 3rd gen ryzen bioss even i use ryzen 5 2600 and if i do it will be any problem

Ak74Egy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
Reactions: Caesar-_-

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you are going to keep using your 2600, I would definitely not use a BIOS that is designed for the 3000 series CPU's.
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 on an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard and I am still using BIOS version 1201 because it is the most stable and best performing version for my CPU.

should i update my bios to the new 3rd gen ryzen bioss even i use ryzen 5 2600 and if i do it will be any problem
It will probably still function well for a 2600. But depending on the particular motherboard you might lose some of your BIOS features. And it offers nothing to improve Ryzen 1000 or 2000 series processor performance so it's really not to your benefit to do so unless you are going to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 processor.

Short version: just don't do it even though there may be no problems.

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
It will probably still function well for a 2600. But depending on the particular motherboard you might lose some of your BIOS features. And it offers nothing to improve Ryzen 1000 or 2000 series processor performance so it's really not to your benefit to do so unless you are going to upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 processor.

Short version: just don't do it even though there may be no problems.
it says in the bios update detalis that it will
  • Support ComboPI 1.0.0.3ab
  • Support OC Profile
  • Improve memory compatibility
so should i do it or no need i just like to update my bios a lot and they added a new UI to the bios the stuff so should i or ???

it says in the bios update detalis that it will
  • Support ComboPI 1.0.0.3ab
  • Support OC Profile
  • Improve memory compatibility
so should i do it or no need i just like to update my bios a lot and they added a new UI to the bios the stuff so should i or ???
Which exact MB do you have ? That's more important than which Ryzen you are using. Latest (bug free) AGESA is 1003ABB but not all MB manufacturers implemented it in their BIOS yet.
When I installed last BIOS (5204) in my Asus Prime x470 Pro and while still having R7 2700x in it, it gained few options for PBO and with it better boost.

Caesar-_-

Reputable
Aug 20, 2019
Which exact MB do you have ? That's more important than which Ryzen you are using. Latest (bug free) AGESA is 1003ABB but not all MB manufacturers implemented it in their BIOS yet.
When I installed last BIOS (5204) in my Asus Prime x470 Pro and while still having R7 2700x in it, it gained few options for PBO and with it better boost.
i have the B450 BAZOKA PLUS and i am running on bios
7B90v16
should i update it to this
7B90v18
which it has the feautres that i talked about or not