[SOLVED] Should I update my Drivers for my ROG Maximus XI Hero WiFi Mobo?

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
I built my new pc like a year ago and I am still learning what to do and not do. My computer has been working for the most part with little to no issues but I was wondering if I should Update all the drivers & BiOs for MOBO?

I have been told by some too do it and others to not mess with it if it is working.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xi-hero-model/helpdesk_download

That is drivers and there are a ton of them. I Updated the BIOS I believe is the only one I have done.

Here is my system specs. Main things I had issues that showed up in the last few months is a weird pop from speakers when I turn on my Computer but it doesn't persist. Also When I unplug the Audio Input from the Subwoofer to the Audio on Mobo it makes the buzz sound like your plugging in an amp also when I take it out but doesn't persist.

My System Spec I need to add my Audio Subwoofer & speakers on to it but haven't. Cambridge Soundworks with Subwoofer I have had for like 15 years I still use.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartagus423/saved/#view=cd6TCJ

Solution
Do I update all of them on that website or just a selected few like LAN, AUDIO?
If your unplugging and plugging in things when the PC is on that is not really a good thing and yes you could get different sounds if it's the audio, the first sound when turning on the PC could be the speakers not the motherboard.

If it's not broke don't try to fix it!

I seen to many people try to update the BIOS on a board when their having no issues and brick their board. I would only update the BIOS if your having a specific problem that the update addresses.
I would update them, not technically a necessity, I've just always tried to keep mine up to date, I've also seen rigs that haven't had their mobo drivers updated since they were built 5+ years ago with no issues, I worry more about keeping GPU drivers up to date as that has actually affected me a few times. Also, the "pop" from speakers when plugging/unplugging is normal, just try to turn your volume down (preferably with a physical board on speakers/amp) before turning off/on your pc or plugging/unplugging

It's your call how you want to handle this.
My pref is to leave well enough alone.
I don't update stuff unless I'm trying to fix something.

If you do decide to update it would be a good idea to have a complete backup just in case it turns into a big mess.
It also might be a good idea to go slow and not update a bunch of stuff at the same time.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If your unplugging and plugging in things when the PC is on that is not really a good thing and yes you could get different sounds if it's the audio, the first sound when turning on the PC could be the speakers not the motherboard.

If it's not broke don't try to fix it!

I seen to many people try to update the BIOS on a board when their having no issues and brick their board. I would only update the BIOS if your having a specific problem that the update addresses.

Solution