Sep 10, 2020
Need help guys!
I have a crash free PC. I bought a new RAM to upgrade my PC (Note: new RAM is identical to old RAM) but after installation of new RAM, my PC crashes/freezes every time, that I cannot even restart/shutdown the thing even when pressing ctrl + alt + del. Tried using only one RAM(new one) on either slot and it works just fine.

PC:
CPU: Intel Core i3
Board: AsusTek H61M-E v. 0601
RAM(old): 4G PC3-1600 800mhz 1.5V
RAM(new): 4G PC3-1600 800mhz 1.5V
GPU: NVDIA GeForce GT 610
PSU: ATX-700w

Hoping for a fast reply from you guys!

Solution
Need help guys!
I have a crash free PC. I bought a new RAM to upgrade my PC (Note: new RAM is identical to old RAM) but after installation of new RAM, my PC crashes/freezes every time, that I cannot even restart/shutdown the thing even when pressing ctrl + alt + del. Tried using only one RAM(new one) on either slot and it works just fine.

PC:

Up the voltage on the memory to 1.55 volts and try again! EDIT 1.56 if your board only allows 0.02 at a time.

(Note: new RAM is identical to old RAM) You have no way of knowing that just...
when you are buying a certain amount of sticks of ram,adding the same stick/s later on doesnt mean it will 100% work.
Only the amount of ram bought in a kit have 100% of working together (that is if you have a compatible motherboard).
I personally would not invest in a such old platfform.I also currently have a ivy bridge i3 like you,with 16gb of ram and a r9 380 and a lenovo mobo.Tried to upgrade to a i7 3770,wouldnt work.I have just accepted that investing in a old platform isnt gonna pay off,so i have forced myself to save up about 400$ for a new RYZEN build.I want to buy 1600AF,aorus b450 elite,2x8gb 3200mhz ram and a SSD.Dont get offended by this,but your GPU is terrible,buying a used RX 580 8gb will be your best option if you want to do some gaming on that system and have a awesome gpu for your next budget (i suppose it will be a budget build,judging by your current specs).And yes,you can invest around 200$ in that build for a new ivy bridge cpu,more ram (in a kit this time) and a GPU,but still investing in 8 year old platform would be a bad investment.

Sep 10, 2020
when you are buying a certain amount of sticks of ram,adding the same stick/s later on doesnt mean it will 100% work.
Only the amount of ram bought in a kit have 100% of working together (that is if you have a compatible motherboard).
I personally would not invest in a such old platfform.I also currently have a ivy bridge i3 like you,with 16gb of ram and a r9 380 and a lenovo mobo.Tried to upgrade to a i7 3770,wouldnt work.I have just accepted that investing in a old platform isnt gonna pay off,so i have forced myself to save up about 400$ for a new RYZEN build.I want to buy 1600AF,aorus b450 elite,2x8gb 3200mhz ram and a SSD.Dont get offended by this,but your GPU is terrible,buying a used RX 580 8gb will be your best option if you want to do some gaming on that system and have a awesome gpu for your next budget (i suppose it will be a budget build,judging by your current specs).And yes,you can invest around 200$ in that build for a new ivy bridge cpu,more ram (in a kit this time) and a GPU,but still investing in 8 year old platform would be a bad investment.

Thank you for the advise. I know that I bought a new RAM, but just cause I want to open up more application simultaneously not to really upgrade the whole thing. It just kinda feels like a waste, if I give up on it even thought it has no existing problem. I won't be spending up more than the RAM just bought. If a major components gets broken, maybe I would be forced to setup a new one.

It is such an old platform cause its already 8yrs old, but when I set it up it was the trend at that time.

My next budget if you are asking, would be around 550$.

But all these still didn't solve my current problem. XD

Thank you for the advise. I know that I bought a new RAM, but just cause I want to open up more application simultaneously not to really upgrade the whole thing. It just kinda feels like a waste, if I give up on it even thought it has no existing problem. I won't be spending up more than the RAM just bought. If a major components gets broken, maybe I would be forced to setup a new one.

It is such an old platform cause its already 8yrs old, but when I set it up it was the trend at that time.

You solved the issue yourself,its the ram that is the problem.Bassically all that you changed was ram and the pc dtarted malfuctioning.You returned everything like it was,it is all good now.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Need help guys!

PC:

Up the voltage on the memory to 1.55 volts and try again! EDIT 1.56 if your board only allows 0.02 at a time.

(Note: new RAM is identical to old RAM) You have no way of knowing that just because it's the same set don't have anything to do with not being made with different parts.

Solution

anyhow here is what i built for 550$: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jymkCL
550$ wont get you really far,but it will be ok for next 2-3 years without major component upgrades.You can buy a 1TB/2TB hard drive later on if u want more storage.More money would be better,if you could put 700$ in this pc,it will be a whole different machine.