[SOLVED] Should I upgrade anything in my build?

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020
I have a i7 9700k paired with a gtx 1070ti 16 gb of 3200 mhz ram, 756 gb m.2 storage 1 TB hArd drive and 600w segotep gold 80 plus power supply. What parts are my bottleneck to any and should I upgrade anything? Case is also a musetex variant.

Solution
I thought that my gpu might not have been powerful enough and I want to upgrade something as I have a few hundred dollars and no bills since I'm a teen. I have a second monitor but it is a crappy 21 in 1600p display. I am just a gamer so I only want gaming processing power and if love to play at 1440p ultra settings if possible.
ok, I didn't mean to change your monitor. But graphics card has to produce more pixels when there are multiple displays. so yeah a stronger graphics card may help and you want higher resolution.

alright you want more resolution, we must touch on the graphics cards. a few hundred dollars. hmm, 3060Ti is out of stock and hard to find, but it will be back soon. and is 400$, minimum power required is...

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
I have a i7 9700k paired with a gtx 1070ti 16 gb of 3200 mhz ram, 756 gb m.2 storage 1 TB hArd drive and 600w segotep gold 80 plus power supply. What parts are my bottleneck to any and should I upgrade anything? Case is also a Phantom variant.

Do you use VR, how many monitors you have, what resolution?

recommended 1070Ti power supply is 500w. you're fine.
if you want to spend, well what are your temps. may be before talking about any new hardware we can find a way to make your pc more silent by using better cooling. re-applying thermal paste to make it cooler. that's a cheap step forward. you can watercool the cpu, what about that?

your gpu and cpu are not bottlenecking:
https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i7-9700K/GeForce_GTX_1070_Ti/0RN0ZYlu/8/100

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020

if you want to spend, well what are your temps. may be before talking about any new hardware we can find a way to make your pc more silent by using better cooling. re-applying thermal paste to make it cooler. that's a cheap step forward. you can watercool the cpu, what about that?

https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Core_i7-9700K/GeForce_GTX_1070_Ti/0RN0ZYlu/8/100
I actually

I forgot to say that I do have a coolermaster ml 240 v2 liquid aio I am not overclocking at the moment because I am afraid I'll mess something up but in cinebench it constantly turbos to 4.9 gigahurtz and idle it is at 26 degrees.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
I actually forgot to say that I do have a coolermaster ml 240 v2 liquid aio I am not overclocking at the moment because I am afraid I'll mess something up but in cinebench it constantly turbos to 4.9 gigahurtz and idle it is at 26 degrees.

max frequency for that cpu is 5GHz. so it's fine, 4.9 is not overclocked.
so what is bothering you? want more fps. do you have multiple monitors? at which resolution you play? you're gamer or renderer or deep learning scientist.

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020
max frequency for that cpu is 5GHz. so it's fine, 4.9 is not overclocked.
so what is bothering you? want more fps. do you have multiple monitors? at which resolution you play? you're gamer or renderer or deep learning scientist.
I thought that my gpu might not have been powerful enough and I want to upgrade something as I have a few hundred dollars and no bills since I'm a teen. I have a second monitor but it is a crappy 21 in 1600p display. I am just a gamer so I only want gaming processing power and if love to play at 1440p ultra settings if possible.

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020
And at least get 165 hz as that is the refresh rate of my monitor.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
ok, I didn't mean to change your monitor. But graphics card has to produce more pixels when there are multiple displays. so yeah a stronger graphics card may help and you want higher resolution.

alright you want more resolution, we must touch on the graphics cards. a few hundred dollars. hmm, 3060Ti is out of stock and hard to find, but it will be back soon. and is 400$, minimum power required is 600watts.
is that too expensive, or you have more? for stronger ones you may have to change your power supply.

Solution

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020

alright you want more resolution, we must touch on the graphics cards. a few hundred dollars. hmm, 3060Ti is out of stock and hard to find, but it will be back soon. and is 400$, minimum power required is 600watts.
is that too expensive, or you have more? for stronger ones you may have to change your power supply.
Is my power supply wattage enough to overclock my current gpu and CPU all the way?

Blazedsrr

Prominent
Dec 29, 2020
Also for my second monitor I just want to use it for YouTube or music or small stuff like that is it possible to use my integrated graphics for that to not hinder my 1070ti performance?