[SOLVED] should i upgrade anything or just leave it?

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
hey guys just got some spare money was wondering should i upgrade anything or just leave my pc? current build is
Graphics card-2060 Rtx
Cpu-I7 7700
Motherboard-Msi b250 pc mate
Ram-4x Patriot Viper Elite 4gb (16gb)
Power supply - CORSAIR CX Series CX750
Ssd #1- Samsung 500gb evo
Ssd #2crucial mx500 1tb

Solution
I would say you can always get a better GPU if you really wanted to, but if youre happy with your settings/fps than just save your money.

Or buy some pretty RGB LEDS

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
You could up the RAM to 32 but it won't make any noticeable difference. It will be a nice prestige thing. and it will be there when and if the 2060 gives up the ghost and you want to put another graphics card in. But for now that's a good gpu you don't need to up the ante. Same with cpu.

But really you need to consider who you are. Do you like to game or do you like to fidget with equipment. If you like to fidget with equipment you should do a build or two a year.

My personal view is that the more you mess with the innards of a PC the more risks you're taking by fatiguing connectors and circuits with repeated putting in and taking out.

I would suggest you bank the extra funds to your next build and set some money for that aside every month. Meantime to do something nice for your PC, open it up, blow out all the dust, wipe down the exterior so it looks clean and snappy, and leave it alone.

Greg N

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
You could up the RAM to 32 but it won't make any noticeable difference. It will be a nice prestige thing. and it will be there when and if the 2060 gives up the ghost and you want to put another graphics card in. But for now that's a good gpu you don't need to up the ante. Same with cpu.

But really you need to consider who you are. Do you like to game or do you like to fidget with equipment. If you like to fidget with equipment you should do a build or two a year.

My personal view is that the more you mess with the innards of a PC the more risks you're taking by fatiguing connectors and circuits with repeated putting in and taking out.

I would suggest you bank the extra funds to your next build and set some money for that aside every month. Meantime to do something nice for your PC, open it up, blow out all the dust, wipe down the exterior so it looks clean and snappy, and leave it alone.

Greg N
you think i maybe should switch my case i have a Corsair, Graphite Series 230T. If so any recommendations ?

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
you think i maybe should switch my case i have a Corsair, Graphite Series 230T. If so any recommendations ?

:) I'm the wrong person to ask. I have a "sleeper build" case upstairs that is from ~1999 and it still has a 3.5 inch floppy in there (disconnected). It is a 2013 build. For my 2019 build I just used my old Cooler Master from 2013, it still has two working optical drives. I guess you should upgrade the case if you have heat/ventilation issues or want to have shiny RGB lights on display.

I thought RGB lights were stupid but now that I have them (mobo and RAM) I find they have grown on me. When I'm staring vacantly into space and the screensaver comes on I find the effect oddly comforting. RGB on the screen and RGB down below in the case. A new case would have a bigger window for the light show.

If you have the hideous orange 230T which I googled on the internet yes you should take the case outside and burn it and sledgehammer whatever is left. Just mount the innards of the pc on a piece of plywood anything is better than orange.

Greg N

luka1000

Honorable
Aug 26, 2017
:) I'm the wrong person to ask. I have a "sleeper build" case upstairs that is from ~1999 and it still has a 3.5 inch floppy in there (disconnected). It is a 2013 build. For my 2019 build I just used my old Cooler Master from 2013, it still has two working optical drives. I guess you should upgrade the case if you have heat/ventilation issues or want to have shiny RGB lights on display.

I thought RGB lights were stupid but now that I have them (mobo and RAM) I find they have grown on me. When I'm staring vacantly into space and the screensaver comes on I find the effect oddly comforting. RGB on the screen and RGB down below in the case. A new case would have a bigger window for the light show.

If you have the hideous orange 230T which I googled on the internet yes you should take the case outside and burn it and sledgehammer whatever is left. Just mount the innards of the pc on a piece of plywood anything is better than orange.

Greg N
its red lol