Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
My specs are:
GPU : Radeon HD4850 512mb DirectX 10.1
CPU : Intel quad core Q6600 (No overclock) 2.4 ghz
PSU : HighPower 500w 80+
MOBO : Gigabyte g31m -es2l
RAM : 2x2 GB kingston 800 mhz

Currently i don't have enough money to buy all components.The gaming rig i want to buy is ryzen 3 1300x Asus prime plus b350 , 2x4 GB 2666mhz kingston ram and gtx 1050 ti. Its either Gpu or mobo+ram+cpu.
Because i have to buy new mobo for both ram and cpu. My gigabyte is for intel and doesn't support above 4gb ram. Most of the games are only for Dx11 and i cant play them with my 4850. I know there will be bottleneck with q6600+1050ti but i will upgrade rest of them next month. Which one will give me more fps and performance for gaming?

Solution
Truthfully upgrading just the GPU may increase some performance but it may cause some other issues as well. You have very little ram which most likely causing a massive performance decrease which makes getting a new GPU not a very good fix.

If I were you I would save up and rebuild completely with a new build completely.

But if you really want to upgrade this month then I would lean towards the side of the new Mobo/more Ram/ And a CPU

st6sniper1

Reputable
Oct 6, 2017
Truthfully upgrading just the GPU may increase some performance but it may cause some other issues as well. You have very little ram which most likely causing a massive performance decrease which makes getting a new GPU not a very good fix.

If I were you I would save up and rebuild completely with a new build completely.

But if you really want to upgrade this month then I would lean towards the side of the new Mobo/more Ram/ And a CPU

Solution

Well everything is simply put extremely old and well below min specs for todays bigger games (except for the 2d ones). A full system rebuild is what you are aiming at and since coffee lake just launched now is a good time to do so.