Should I upgrade from a 4770k with stock clocks to a 8770k?

alexcambata

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Should I upgrade from stock 4770k to stock 8770k with a 1080ti? I was wondering if this upgrade would significantly increase my minimum frame rates in games like gta v and witcher 3. I’m already getting great performance, but in the most intensive areas gta v for example will drop below 60 FPS on mostly max settings. It won’t dip way below, but certain areas will get into the low 50s

Solution
I presume you mean the 8700K? If so then you will be moving from 4th Generation to 8th Generation and onto DDR4 etc. Yes it will be a good move, especially paired with the 1080 ti (awesome combination). Though if you are currently only feeling a little short on frame rates then maybe try overclocking to get the most out of the 4770K before moving upwards as the cost to move to the 8700K will be CPU, Motherboard and RAM...The 8700K will be a improvement for sure but there is still some milage left in your CPU.
I presume you mean the 8700K? If so then you will be moving from 4th Generation to 8th Generation and onto DDR4 etc. Yes it will be a good move, especially paired with the 1080 ti (awesome combination). Though if you are currently only feeling a little short on frame rates then maybe try overclocking to get the most out of the 4770K before moving upwards as the cost to move to the 8700K will be CPU, Motherboard and RAM...The 8700K will be a improvement for sure but there is still some milage left in your CPU.

Solution