Should i upgrade from i5-2500k?

Aug 4, 2018
Hello guys I have i5-2500K CPU and RX460 GPU. My framerate in Battlefield 1 is 30 to 40 fps on the lowest settings which is unplayable for me. I used to have 70-80 fps therefore it could be caused by high CPU temperatures (50-60 degrees at idle) and cleaning/new thermal paste might solve this issue. However i am thinking about buying a new CPU for up to 200 pounds. Is it worth it? Can you recommend me a better CPU for that price? Or should i stay with i5-2500k, clean it and maybe OC it?

Solution
I am currently running an i7-2600k with Rx580 - no game slows down @ 1080p and I always like most of my eye candy on.

I would check your drivers, maybe uninstall using DDU (guru3d.com) and reinstall the latest (sometimes drivers get confused).
Also, maybe run something like ZHPCleaner to check for Malware.

I think it just needs a bit of TLC. Sadly £200 is not going to get you anything, because you would need new cpu/mobo/ram - or spend it on a GPU
I am currently running an i7-2600k with Rx580 - no game slows down @ 1080p and I always like most of my eye candy on.

I would check your drivers, maybe uninstall using DDU (guru3d.com) and reinstall the latest (sometimes drivers get confused).
Also, maybe run something like ZHPCleaner to check for Malware.

I think it just needs a bit of TLC. Sadly £200 is not going to get you anything, because you would need new cpu/mobo/ram - or spend it on a GPU

Solution
Your issue is for £200 you're not going to do a full upgrade because current systems also require ddr4 ram,
You can as electro suggested drop an old second hand i7 into your rig & youll see improvements in multithreaded games like BF1.

You need to sort those temp issues out though mate,60-70c is load not idle temp.