[SOLVED] Should I upgrade from the 2070 Super to the RX 6800 XT?

Nov 5, 2020
Do you think upgrading from the 2070 super to an RX 6800 XT is worth it based off what we've seen/heard?

Solution
I currently am using my PC to replace the ps5 and new xbox series.

I'll be aiming to play future titles like: Cyberpunk, Far Cry 6, Resident Evil 8. Soon, I'm looking to buy Assassin's Creed Valhalla at 1440p, ideally on ultra settings, or anything with a good frame rate.

I use a LG 27GL850-B monitor 144 Hz monitor, and a R9 3900X CPU
If that's what you're going for then a 6800xt would be a good choice. That and the 3080 would be the cards that fit that performance range. If you can get a 6800xt go for it and if you can get a 3080 go for it. Even though you are specifically mentioning the 6800xt I'd say go for either of those cards as stock will likely be extremely limited with both and you'll need to work with what you can...
Nov 5, 2020
if you want to throw money away.. then yeah.

you should first establish what your needs are, are you satisfied with your system's performance? which monitor do you use? list some game titles that you focus on mainly.

I'll be aiming to play future titles like: Cyberpunk, Far Cry 6, Resident Evil 8. Soon, I'm looking to buy Assassin's Creed Valhalla at 1440p, ideally on ultra settings, or anything with a good frame rate.

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017

If that's what you're going for then a 6800xt would be a good choice. That and the 3080 would be the cards that fit that performance range. If you can get a 6800xt go for it and if you can get a 3080 go for it. Even though you are specifically mentioning the 6800xt I'd say go for either of those cards as stock will likely be extremely limited with both and you'll need to work with what you can get if you plan to upgrade anytime soon.

Solution
pretty beefy setup. A GPU upgrade would benefit you quite a bit. I would suggest that if you're comfortable right now, let the first wave of GPUs pass to see if the 6800xt is worth the money. Then I would consider the option of 3080 or 6800 when you get to see general population feed back.