Question Should I upgrade my CPU coooler for my i7 7700k?

Aug 19, 2019
Hey!

I have Zalman CNPS5X Performa at the moment for my i7 7700k. And I am experiencing 80-85 C* under the 95-100% CPU load in BF5.

Should I upgrade? Will it help lower my CPU temperature?

Aug 19, 2019
How long has this been the case for you? Was the overheating sudden or did it happen gradually? Did you replace the thermal paste?

Thanks for the reply!

As far as I can remember, I had similar temperatures in BF1 also.

First of all, I cannot 100% be sure that this is an overheating in general. I came across this thread where it is been suggested that the "80C Hot (100% Load)" is ok...
I don't game a lot recently and did not experienced such temperatures quite a while since my CPU is generally in a plain mode.

I have replaced the thermal paste several months ago.

Ak74Egy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
Thanks for the reply!

As far as I can remember, I had similar temperatures in BF1 also.

First of all, I cannot 100% be sure that this is an overheating in general. I came across this thread where it is been suggested that the "80C Hot (100% Load)" is ok...
I don't game a lot recently and did not experienced such temperatures quite a while since my CPU is generally in a plain mode.

I have replaced the thermal paste several months ago.
You Could try to max out fan speed, to see if it helps you out, if not consider getting something like the Cryorig H5 Ultimate, which for $60 is a steal in my opinion, also one last thing I also play BFV, so add me on origin : Ak47Egy :D

With a good cooler, 80-85C would be appropriate for a Prime 95/small FFT temp for a 7700K overclocked at 4.8 GHz...(Based on my sample)

It is a bit too warm for stock, and certainly just for an 80- 90% load (such as gaming)....

A Scythe Mugen5 is about $45, or, the 'creme de le crem of air coolers, the Noctua ND-D15 is about $90...

Or, you can just lower clock speeds and /or core voltage a tad if you are GPU-limited anyway...(even 100 MHz goes a long way when near 4.7 GHz or above...although you did not mention overclocking, so , will have to presume you are at stock operation)

Aug 19, 2019
With a good cooler, 80-85C would be appropriate for a Prime 95/small FFT temp for a 7700K overclocked at 4.8 GHz...(Based on my sample)

It is a bit too warm for stock, and certainly just for an 80- 90% load (such as gaming)....

A Scythe Mugen5 is about $45, or, the 'creme de le crem of air coolers, the Noctua ND-D15 is about $90...

Or, you can just lower clock speeds and /or core voltage a tad if you are GPU-limited anyway...(even 100 MHz goes a long way when near 4.7 GHz or above...although you did not mention overclocking, so , will have to presume you are at stock operation)

Hey!

I am playing in a game boost mode, usually at 4.4 GHz:

View: https://youtu.be/rlwKJC4mqQI