Should I upgrade my CPU or GPU first?

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Hello i currently have a fx 6350 and a gigabyte gtx 750 ti i was thinking about either switching to intel and get a i5 4670k and a new mobo or i was going to get a gtx 770 or maybe even wait for newer processors and gpus to come out before i upgrade. What do u guys think?

Solution
Your system isnt bad. I wouldnt buy a GTX 770, its getting quite old now (was the 680 before), the new GPUs from nvidia are likely to be out around November time.

Also the Broadwell CPUs will most likely also be out by the end of the year too.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Your system isnt bad. I wouldnt buy a GTX 770, its getting quite old now (was the 680 before), the new GPUs from nvidia are likely to be out around November time.

Also the Broadwell CPUs will most likely also be out by the end of the year too.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Oh i dident know they would be coming out so soon i think i will wait then. Thanks.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Can always get a better cpu cooler and overclock your 6350 in the mean time, also the 750 Ti overclock very well too.

I'll second the CPU OC idea. The FX 6350 OCs very nicely on a good board. * Points at sig * I used the GA-970A-UD3P because I was not going to crossfire and it had 8+2 phase power. Was a perfect fit for my purposes.

750ti isn't a bad GPU, but an overclocked 6350 could easily handle better.