Should I upgrade my CPU?

bwallace112

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
I currently have an i5 3570k and an Asus gtx 770. I am wondering about upgrading to an i7 3770k during the black Friday sales. Will I see a big improvement in games or should I save my money? I play BF4, Dayz, Arma 3, Far cry 4.

Solution
No you do not need a cpu upgrade. Save your money or grab a ssd if you don't already have one. If you want to see an improvement in gaming, the video card is what you need to upgrade. The 770 is still great, but if you see a great deal on a 290 or 970 you could jump on it and sell your 770.

FunGui

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Upgrading to the i7 won't improve your FPS in games by more than 5%, that CPU is very good for gaming.
I'd upgrade the graphics card/ save up if you want to upgrade. This will give you a much higher improvement game performance.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
No you do not need a cpu upgrade. Save your money or grab a ssd if you don't already have one. If you want to see an improvement in gaming, the video card is what you need to upgrade. The 770 is still great, but if you see a great deal on a 290 or 970 you could jump on it and sell your 770.

Solution