[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my graphics card or buy a new PC

Oct 14, 2020
Hello, i have had this PC and had no problems. But i would like to add a camera to stream and use it for DJ use. What would be a good graphics card and would it be alot of work to install? Or should buy a new PC. I de rather just add a graphics card but please any help would be great!! herrs the pc i have
HP Pavilion p6120f Desktop PC

Solution
Hello, i have had this PC and had no problems. But i would like to add a camera to stream and use it for DJ use. What would be a good graphics card and would it be alot of work to install? Or should buy a new PC. I de rather just add a graphics card but please any help would be great!! herrs the pc i have

That PC is more than ten years old and the specifications reflect that (I looked them up). A new GPU would make a difference, but there is too much old (and not even very great back in 2009) hardware that'll hold you back. Your PC uses DDR2 memory, a 7200 RPM hard drive, a 2 core processor, and a power supply with not nearly enough wattage to support a modern graphics card of...

That PC is more than ten years old and the specifications reflect that (I looked them up). A new GPU would make a difference, but there is too much old (and not even very great back in 2009) hardware that'll hold you back. Your PC uses DDR2 memory, a 7200 RPM hard drive, a 2 core processor, and a power supply with not nearly enough wattage to support a modern graphics card of any kind.

I recommend you buy a new PC. Make sure it has:

• 16 GB of RAM (two 8 GB sticks)
  • At least a 4 core / 8 thread processor
  • A solid state hard drive that's at least half a terabyte (256 GB SSDs fill up too fast, especially if you are working with video files) although 1 TB SSDs aren't all that expensive these days.
If you decide to buy a GPU to complement a new PC, a Nvidia 1650 Super or better will work well. In order to run such a GPU though, your PC should have a minimum 450 watt power supply (although 550 watt would be better).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Solution
You can buy a used $100 computer that is 3 times faster than yours, something with an earlier i3 or i5. I see systems with 8gb of RAM and a 2nd gen i5 for cheap. Compared to yours it will be a much faster system, you should not need a video card for using a camera with it.

TRENDING THREADS