[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my graphics card?

buffsalmon3300

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
I've been out of the PC gaming loop for a while and was wondering whether or not my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card is still a viable option for playing games no problem. If not, then which graphics card would you all recommend for me to buy? As far as price range I would say around a $300-$400 area if possible.

Alternatively, if a change is not needed yet, which graphics card would you recommend I get in the future when I do eventually upgrade? I'd say keep the price range around $500 for this one, but if you feel it's worth it then I am willing to go higher. (I'm not looking for the absolute best one, just something that will last a couple of years.)

Solution
If you at 1080P I'd hold onto your 1060 6gb for now as it's still a good GPU. When you eventually upgrade I'd probably look at the RTX 2070 or better and pair it with a 1440P monitor depending on when you decide to upgrade.

What CPU do you currently have?

WildCard999

Titan
If you at 1080P I'd hold onto your 1060 6gb for now as it's still a good GPU. When you eventually upgrade I'd probably look at the RTX 2070 or better and pair it with a 1440P monitor depending on when you decide to upgrade.

Solution

Fate05

Prominent
May 2, 2019

I agree. Your card is still very good. Don't upgrade unless your going to a 2070 or higher and what CPU do you have as CPU plays a major factor in games as well 😊