[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor for Cyberpunk 2077

Oct 25, 2020
Hey i want to know what to look out for when upgrading my cpu. I want to upgrade my cpu becasue of Cyberpunk 2077 and i want the game to run without any problems, and i think my pc cant handle the game.

My motherboard is a HP 82F1
My cpu is Intel® Core™ i5-7400 Processor
My Gpu is a GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 16 GB
So i am just woundering what my motherboard can handle and what is the best cpu for my moatherboard and gpu

I have had problems with lagging in open world games before such as Assasins creed Odyssey, but then i only had 8 GB ram, and i upgraded to 16 gb ram and it helped a little bit

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Solution
Your system right now from what i am reading from the requirements you would be able to play 1080p high settings without any real issues but if you ever want to instead you could always buy a used RX 550 swap out the GTX 1070 you have and then just sell the system and then build a system using a Ryzen 3 3100 since that is a lot better performance than the 3200G that is recommended for the game which then with the 1070 you would get well over 60fps on high settings.
But this is what i would of done if i was in your shoes so you don't really have to follow what i would do and yes you can always upgrade to a i7 7700 but then you have no upgrade path from there as well and honestly having a RX 550/560 would be able to sell as a 1080p...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you for a reply, i honestly dont know if i need a new cpu but i just want to hear what people have to say
It would be a upgrade.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-7400-vs-Intel-i7-7700/2929vs2905

I'm not sure it's worth spending over 200 bucks for it, if your satisficed with the performance right now then their no reason to upgrade for a game that's not even out yet. Wait till the game is released and decide then.

A better long term option would be to sell it and build new.

Reactions: Mr.ArnBerg

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Your system right now from what i am reading from the requirements you would be able to play 1080p high settings without any real issues but if you ever want to instead you could always buy a used RX 550 swap out the GTX 1070 you have and then just sell the system and then build a system using a Ryzen 3 3100 since that is a lot better performance than the 3200G that is recommended for the game which then with the 1070 you would get well over 60fps on high settings.
But this is what i would of done if i was in your shoes so you don't really have to follow what i would do and yes you can always upgrade to a i7 7700 but then you have no upgrade path from there as well and honestly having a RX 550/560 would be able to sell as a 1080p esports machine then.

Reactions: Mr.ArnBerg
Solution