[SOLVED] Should I Upgrade My Motherboard?

Dec 9, 2020
I somehow magically managed to get my hands on a 3060ti for Christmas, and also ordered myself a i5 9600k. I've been wanting to upgrade my rig and finally can. My only concern is that I'm making such a large jump in both GPU and CPU that keeping my motherboard may cause some issues. I've done some research online and read that bottlenecking and such can happed with older motherboards, especially with higher end hardware.

I'm not extremely versed in building yet, and want to make sure I'm not overlooking any potential issues. I don't see any glaring compatibility issues, but want to ask about potential performance/speed issues.

If anyone here can help tell me if I should just order a new motherboard or not, I would appreciate the help!

Current Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4V

Old GPU: Radeon R9 290
New GPU: RTX 3060Ti

Old CPU: i5 6600k
New CPU: i5 9600k

Solution
I somehow magically managed to get my hands on a 3060ti for Christmas, and also ordered myself a i5 9600k. I've been wanting to upgrade my rig and finally can. My only concern is that I'm making such a large jump in both GPU and CPU that keeping my motherboard may cause some issues. I've done some research online and read that bottlenecking and such can happed with older motherboards, especially with higher end hardware.

I'm not extremely versed in building yet, and want to make sure I'm not overlooking any potential issues. I don't see any glaring compatibility issues, but want to ask about potential performance/speed issues.

If anyone here can help tell me if I should just order a new motherboard or not, I would appreciate the...

If anyone here can help tell me if I should just order a new motherboard or not, I would appreciate the help!

Current Motherboard: ASRock B150M Pro4V

Old GPU: Radeon R9 290
New GPU: RTX 3060Ti

Old CPU: i5 6600k
New CPU: i5 9600k
Hello there!
You cannot install a 9600k on that Mobo you will require a 300 series chipset Mobo, like B365 z390 also while yes you are upgrading but you are also not upgrading enough get a i9 9900k

Solution