Should I upgrade my other PC parts along with my Graphics card?

Sep 19, 2018
Hello, this is the the new GPU that I bought:

MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor MK2 8G OC Graphics Card - 8GB GDDR5, 1268MHz Core Clock, 7000MHz Memory Clock, DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, 256-bit Memory Bus, DL-DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort - RX 570 ARMOR MK2 8G

The rest of my computer's components are nearly 8 years old I'm wondering if it would make sense to upgrade any (or all) of them as well:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor - 3.40GHz, Socket AM3, 6MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Retail, Processor with Fan

Motherboard: Biostar TA790GX A3+ Motherboard - AMD 790GX, AM3 128MB DDR2 Side-Port, ATI Hybrid CrossFire, PCIe 2.0, Gigabit, USB2.0, RAID, HDMI, DVI, VGA

PSU: Thermaltake TR-800P 800-Watt PSU - ATX, 800-Watts, 120 mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze

If so, do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks

Solution
8 years is quite some time for an rig like that and even then installed an very modern gpu. i would upgrade the other parts if i was you. not sure how much you are able to spend and what you exacly need as an goal.
"I'm wondering if it would make sense to upgrade any (or all) of them as well:"

Basically you need to ask yourself...."Does the PC do what I want it to do the way I want it to do it?"

For example... if you can't play the games on the settings/resolution/fps you want.....then I think it's time for an upgrade.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
8 years is quite some time for an rig like that and even then installed an very modern gpu. i would upgrade the other parts if i was you. not sure how much you are able to spend and what you exacly need as an goal.

Solution