Should i upgrade my pc yet?

Cadman1

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
hello this it's my 1st time asking the community and just wanted a little advice.
With ryzen doing well with great deals and the fantastic performance of the gtx 1070 I've been wondering if it's worth upgrading my pc. I know that's a subjective term but I'm just looking for some advice on whether i should start thinking about upgrades or leave be. My specs are..
I5 4570
Gtx 970
8gb ram
Asus rog vii hero itx mobo

I e-mail use excell and word a lot often all open at the same time whilst surfing plus at other times i game a lot playing everything from aaa titles to indy games. Im happy at 1080p and am not interested in 1440p or 4k untill you can buy a good quality monitor under 300. I would like to more often than not to stay at and above 60fps on average.

Many thanks in advance

Solution

Kenton82

Reputable
It really does depend on weather you are happy with the performance you have at the moment? By the sounds of it, you seem quite content at the moment. Upgrading the GPU at this time is gonna be expensive, as the current bit mining craze is forcing the prices of newer and older cards up, and holding their value.
Maybe a good little upgrade at the moment would be another 8GB of RAM, and if you have not done so already, getting an SSD in your rig to 'perk' up the loading speeds of your O/S and games?

Cadman1

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Oops i accidently voted down on kenton82. Im really sorry. Holding my phone at the edge with my big fat thumbs, lol. It was a good answer, thankyou. I should have included my ssd and 1tb hdd in my specs. Apologies for that too.

Really no reason to upgrade what you have, your CPU is fine, the GTX 970 is roughly equivalent to a GTX 1060 and for 1080p that's pretty good still. If you multi-task a lot, another 8GB of RAM wouldn't hurt. Now, if you have the spare cash, sure a GTX 1070 is equivalent to a 980Ti, so a decent gain there.

Solution