Should I upgrade my PC

scu44

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Hi I have an I5 4670k OC to 4.6, 8gb memory at 1600 and GTX 980. i would like to have a dual GPU setup should i upgrade my whole Gaming PC and just the memory and the GPU i would i like to have dual 1080ti's but should i wait for 1080 with 11008 MHz VRam or should i get dual RX 480's or wait for vaga to drop

Solution
Realistically, only you can decide.

The 4670K is still a strong CPU and should pair well with any modern GPU.

Why are you specifically looking for a "dual GPU" setup? Unless you want to do 60+FPS at 4K, a single, stronger GPU would likely make the most sense (especially considering SLI scaling adoption isn't widespread).

You're looking at dual 1080TI's or dual RX 480's, which really aren't in the same ballpark performance-wise.

Let's start with the basics..... what are you trying to achieve with a GPU upgrade specifically?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Realistically, only you can decide.

The 4670K is still a strong CPU and should pair well with any modern GPU.

Why are you specifically looking for a "dual GPU" setup? Unless you want to do 60+FPS at 4K, a single, stronger GPU would likely make the most sense (especially considering SLI scaling adoption isn't widespread).

You're looking at dual 1080TI's or dual RX 480's, which really aren't in the same ballpark performance-wise.

Let's start with the basics..... what are you trying to achieve with a GPU upgrade specifically?

Solution
Dual gpu will win you synthetic fps benchmarks.
But gameplay is better with a good single card.
Your cpu can drive anything well.
I suggest you look at a GTX1080 if you are gaming at 1080P, and GTX1080ti for 1440P or higher.

If you wait for the next best thing, you will wait forever.
If you have a need now, buy now.