[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my psu

Feb 9, 2020
Hello I currently have a Ryzen 2700x and a GTX 1060 6gb with 8 GB of DDR4 3466 MHZ ram. I am going to upgrade to a RTX 2070 Super and I will add a SSD and another 8gb ram stick to my current system. I am wondering if my current 650W EVGA 80 + Bronze PSU will be able to handle it. I might overclock GPU AND CPU so I was wondering if I am going to need to also upgrade my power supply. I have had the psu for about 1.5 years now and I am kinda lazy with the cables as I am not looking forward to unplugging and plugging all the cables back in but if a PSU upgrade is necessary It would be hugely appreciated if you could throw in some recommendations to a good quality PSU.

Solution
There is absolutely no need to upgrade your power supply in this instance and everything here should run fine, especially if you are undervolting in combination with the overclock to further optimize power consumption and thermal performance.
Feb 9, 2020
There is absolutely no need to upgrade your power supply in this instance and everything here should run fine, especially if you are undervolting in combination with the overclock to further optimize power consumption and thermal performance.

Solution
Hello I currently have a Ryzen 2700x and a GTX 1060 6gb with 8 GB of DDR4 3466 MHZ ram. I am going to upgrade to a RTX 2070 Super and I will add a SSD and another 8gb ram stick to my current system. I am wondering if my current 650W EVGA 80 + Bronze PSU will be able to handle it. I might overclock GPU AND CPU so I was wondering if I am going to need to also upgrade my power supply. I have had the psu for about 1.5 years now and I am kinda lazy with the cables as I am not looking forward to unplugging and plugging all the cables back in but if a PSU upgrade is necessary It would be hugely appreciated if you could throw in some recommendations to a good quality PSU.
Which EVGA model is that PSU?
If it is a BQ or lesser model I will upgrade, specially if OCing.

Last edited: