[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my setup or will it run what I need for a few more years?

Flyingsandwich

Reputable
Oct 15, 2016
The question is pretty straightforward, I've been running the following setup for the last 4 years:

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H80i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Kingston SSDNow 120 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive + Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
GALAX GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB EX OC White Video Card
Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

All frequencies are on stock values except my processor which I run @4.0 GHz stable.

I pretty much play World of Warcraft and occasionally other games (no FPS, mostly MOBAs and some ARPGs), with this setup I'm currently able to run WoW @1080p on ultra with no problems at all and even do some streaming when I have the time.
My question is, should I upgrade my setup in order to do some more frequent streaming and maybe running future titles?
What are the parts that I absolutely need to change?
If I should upgrade, should I aim for the newer ADM 5000 series / Intel 10th gen or the older generations would suffice the needs for my gaming and streaming?
Is it worth shooting for the I7, I9, Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 segment, or sticking to I5, Ryzen 5 will save me money and still deliver decent quality for what I need?
In terms of GPU, I'm not really planning on playing on 4k, what will be the best and solid choice for what I need?

My question is related to what is really NEEDED for what I intent to do, I'm just trying not to go for an overkill and still be able to run the games for a few more years.

The question is pretty straightforward, I've been running the following setup for the last 4 years:

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Corsair H80i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Kingston SSDNow 120 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive + Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
GALAX GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB EX OC White Video Card
Corsair TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

All frequencies are on stock values except my processor which I run @4.0 GHz stable.

I pretty much play World of Warcraft and occasionally other games (no FPS, mostly MOBAs and some ARPGs), with this setup I'm currently able to run WoW @1080p on ultra with no problems at all and even do some streaming when I have the time.
My question is, should I upgrade my setup in order to do some more frequent streaming and maybe running future titles?
What are the parts that I absolutely need to change?
If I should upgrade, should I aim for the newer ADM 5000 series / Intel 10th gen or the older generations would suffice the needs for my gaming and streaming?
Is it worth shooting for the I7, I9, Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 segment, or sticking to I5, Ryzen 5 will save me money and still deliver decent quality for what I need?
In terms of GPU, I'm not really planning on playing on 4k, what will be the best and solid choice for what I need?

My question is related to what is really NEEDED for what I intent to do, I'm just trying not to go for an overkill and still be able to run the games for a few more years.
Well, for now I'd say sit on it. If you wanna play high refresh I'd suggest get a new GPU now (3060 Ti) and get a CPU next year when Intel shows up with 10nm, just for curiosity, and since ryzen 5000 isn't in stock anyway. If you're running 1080p 60hz, I'd say don't upgrade anything, if you're fine with playing AAA titles at medium-high.

Reactions: Flyingsandwich
Solution

Flyingsandwich

Reputable
Oct 15, 2016
Well, for now I'd say sit on it. If you wanna play high refresh I'd suggest get a new GPU now (3060 Ti) and get a CPU next year when Intel shows up with 10nm, just for curiosity, and since ryzen 5000 isn't in stock anyway. If you're running 1080p 60hz, I'd say don't upgrade anything, if you're fine with playing AAA titles at medium-high.
Thank you very much!
Won't I be getting a bottleneck on the GPU if I'm using this 6th gen processor?