[SOLVED] should i upgrade my system?

mythofie3

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018
ok I want to upgrade my system to a intel build with an i3 8th or 9th gen k series cpu because the games that i play don"t use a lot of cores and i want to increase the core clock.

My current pc specs are:
cpu: amd ryzen 3 2200g oc to 3.9ghz
ram: 2x8 2400 oc to 3200
gpu nvdia gtx 1660 stock settings
psu: corsair rmx 650w 80+ gold rated
motherboard: Gigabyte ab350 ds3h
storage: 1 500gb nvme sata boot drive and a 1tb hard drive for storing games

Solution
Hi, what games are you playing? It might be better and cheaper to update the BIOS then get a Ryzen 3600 and use that.

Also, what is the latency of the RAM, it might also be worth getting new RAM at 3000MHz so that latency is lower, hence getting better performance.

Lastly, just something I always like to double check, is the RAM in slots 2 and 4? If not, put it in them, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty, RAM. This lets it run in dual channel mode, effectively doubling the bandwidth of data to the CPU.
Hi, what games are you playing? It might be better and cheaper to update the BIOS then get a Ryzen 3600 and use that.

Also, what is the latency of the RAM, it might also be worth getting new RAM at 3000MHz so that latency is lower, hence getting better performance.

Lastly, just something I always like to double check, is the RAM in slots 2 and 4? If not, put it in them, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty, RAM. This lets it run in dual channel mode, effectively doubling the bandwidth of data to the CPU.

Solution

mythofie3

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018

ok my ram is in dual channel mode and yes i have looked at the 3600 and at some point i will upgrade to it. Its just that i don't like to changing out the cpu because i would have to take out the motherboard change the cpu and cooler and put the new ones in and put the motherboard back into the case. I don't feel like i should waste my time and energy to do all that and get little out of it.

TRENDING THREADS