[SOLVED] Should i upgrade my video editing monitor? And what is a good choice?

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
I am thinking about swapping out my Untrawide for dual 27in or 32in monitors but im not sure if its worth it.
I do 1080p video editing, 2D/3D animation, and 3D terrain modeling. Basically all of my videos are 1080p so 4K isnt necessary.

I currently have an Acer Predator X34 pbmiphzx Newegg link

I can spend $600 per monitor and dont know much about monitor research. i want to get as high of a color accuracy as possible. again 4K isnt necessary but i dont mind it. HDR would be nice.
Is it worth it to switch to dual monitors? Is 32in better for this kind of work than 27in? monitor suggestions?

Solution
I think right now the thing to do is wait for OLED to become mainstream in smaller form factors than 55". I would love a 27.5" 1080p OLED monitor. That will achieve the best color accuracy of any monitor. You can also see the issue that most videos have when the picture is so accurate. The movie magic tends to become extremely noticeable.

Right now there are a lot of tradeoffs. With IPS you will get better color accuracy but less contrast verse VA. There is also the trade off of ghosting/response time and absolute color accuracy. I have use 2 monitors and 3 monitors before. I would stick with the ultrawide for professional tasks. You have a lot more screen real estate for all the menus without finicking with 2 monitors.

mihen

Honorable
Oct 11, 2017
I think right now the thing to do is wait for OLED to become mainstream in smaller form factors than 55". I would love a 27.5" 1080p OLED monitor. That will achieve the best color accuracy of any monitor. You can also see the issue that most videos have when the picture is so accurate. The movie magic tends to become extremely noticeable.

Right now there are a lot of tradeoffs. With IPS you will get better color accuracy but less contrast verse VA. There is also the trade off of ghosting/response time and absolute color accuracy. I have use 2 monitors and 3 monitors before. I would stick with the ultrawide for professional tasks. You have a lot more screen real estate for all the menus without finicking with 2 monitors.

Solution