[SOLVED] Should i upgrade or build new gaming rig

Dec 19, 2020
So i have been thinking should i upgrade or build new gaming rig. I currently have prebuild with i5 7400 and 1050

Solution
Upgrading a pre built will have limitations.
Games will be limited either by the cpu or the graphics card.

A stronger processor is likely reasonable.
What are the cpu upgrades that acer allows on that pc?
CPU-Z will identify the motherboard.

Graphics upgrades are also possible if the power supply is strong enough.
Unfortunately pc builders only include sufficient power to run the initially ordered components.
Look to see if your psu has a 6 or 6+2 pcie aux power lead that stronger graphics cards will require.
Do not buy a cheap replacement psu.
Plan on $100+ for a quality unit that will last
I see you have a GTX1050 mini. Is your case restricting the length of a prospective graphics card upgrade?

As a simple quick test,
Run YOUR...
Dec 19, 2020
I would like to play games like warzone and cold war with somewhat good graphics and i have 144hz monitor so it would be good them to run at 100fps i havent thinked the budget yet because i dont have any idea what components i need and what priced they are.

I would like to play games like warzone and cold war with somewhat good graphics and i have 144hz monitor so it would be good them to run at 100fps i havent thinked the budget yet because i dont have any idea what components i need and what priced they are.
A new better graphics card,
ram upgrade to 16GB,
may be ssd (if you don't have it yet) and
probably psu upgrade also.

Your budget dictates, what you can afford. So decide on that first. How much are you willing to spend?

Dec 19, 2020
My current parts are:
500w bronze
I5 7400
Zotac 1050 2gb mini
8gb ddr4 1200MHz i think thats what cpu z said
My motherboard is acer gx 781 mobo
And a acer gx 781 prebuild case
My budget is around 600 euro can go higher

Upgrading a pre built will have limitations.
Games will be limited either by the cpu or the graphics card.

A stronger processor is likely reasonable.
What are the cpu upgrades that acer allows on that pc?
CPU-Z will identify the motherboard.

Graphics upgrades are also possible if the power supply is strong enough.
Unfortunately pc builders only include sufficient power to run the initially ordered components.
Look to see if your psu has a 6 or 6+2 pcie aux power lead that stronger graphics cards will require.
Do not buy a cheap replacement psu.
Plan on $100+ for a quality unit that will last
I see you have a GTX1050 mini. Is your case restricting the length of a prospective graphics card upgrade?

As a simple quick test,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Stronger components will also want to be well ventilated.
It looks like your case is not a great one for air intake.

One upgrade that is easy and very satisfying would be to replace the HDD with a ssd now. A 1tb samsung 860 EVO is about $100.
2tb is twice that.
Everything will be quicker but not for gaming.
A ssd upgrade can be carried forward to a new build later.

8gb is not enough, but simply adding 8gb may not work, ram must be matched to insure proper operation,

All this is suggesting that a new build is in order, but, I do not think you can do it all on your budget.

I might suggest a i3-10100 processor, a 2 x 8gb DDR4 ram kit and a lga1200 motherboard that fits your case could be had for $250 or so. A GTX1650 class card would be in the $150-$200 range.
Such a card is about the strongest that will run without aux power.

Solution
Dec 19, 2020
Just checkked new gpu will fit and i have 6+2 connectors. I also ran that test with couple games fps increased little bit.
The power supplys model is liteon ps-7501-5. Is there any reason to even start upgrading or should i just start saving to new rig and sell the current one.

Replace DVD drive instead. Most people don't even use DVDs.

Or you can get Crucial MX500 SSD M.2 version. Your motherboard has M.2 slot for it.

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€106.11 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €106.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-19 17:18 CET+0100

One thing for the board, the m.2 slot looks to be a half length one that OEMs tend to use in systems, so a full length one will not fit. Looks like a 2242 size drive is needed.

OP, measure the distance from the M.2 slot to the screw mount in the case, then look for a SATA M.2 card that will fit it. 2242 looks like it will fit, this site has a size comparison https://bytebitebit.com/1484/m2-sata-ssd-vs-m2-pcie-ssd/

So i have been thinking should i upgrade or build new gaming rig. I currently have prebuild with i5 7400 and 1050

Any upgrades would effectively be building new, depending on the quality/age of your PSU. Perhaps you can reuse the SSD and, maybe even RAM, depending on it's speed. Certainly the GTX1050 is now relegated to 1080P low/medium quality in most newer games, but, perhaps it will suffice for a while longer once the 'low minimum frame rate curse of the quad thread CPU' is dispatched.

Good luck choosing between the unavailable R5-5600X, the R5-3600, the i7-10700K, etc...