Should I upgrade some PC components?

rtl1998

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Hello,
I'm new here and just wanted to know if any of my PC components are holding back my PC and if so, which one I should upgrade. My rig:
-Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
-Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
-8 GM Ram
Thanks in advance for any help.
*Edit: I mainly use my PC for gaming*

Adrian Ocampo

Distinguished
I had the same configuration as you back before I upgraded my GPU. Only difference we had is the size of memory. 8gb is enough for gaming and some light tasks. As is, I do not see anything that holds back performance. Would suggest to overclock your CPU to 4.5Ghz. :)

rtl1998

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
thank you all! Another thing i'd like to know is why my screen turns black when i use 144Hz instead of 60Hz in games (assassins creed syndicate for example).
I use DVI.

Adrian Ocampo

Distinguished

Are you playing borderless or full screen?

rtl1998

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

Doesnt work on either (or at least on fullscreen, not sure about borderless). Maybe its helpful to know that i use a DVI cable aswell.

vexefon

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
I should be fine now it just varies on what game you play and at what resolution? Because most modern titles will run at 1080p high setting on that config if your wanting to play at 4k there is no point because monitors are too pricey and it just looks and it affects your performance hugely with a small gain. So I personally would not upgrade just depends on what you do with the rig?

Good Luck
Will xD

vexefon

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017

There not even any point to upgrading the ram unless he is using photoshop or lightroom est.