Should i upgrade this pc?

Nov 13, 2020
My father closes his commerce and gave me this pc, should i upgrade it or buy a new one?

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz, 3203 Mhz, 2 core(s), 2 Logical processor(s)
4 gb ram ddr3, single channel
motherboard msi G41M-S01 (socket lga 775) chipset intel g41
i dont have a graphic card, it is integrated
300 gb hdd
i use linux manjaro (idk if makes difference)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, i am not the hardware guy, i want to use it to programming in general.
If there's something strange in my english pls tell me, i am not american and trying to improve my english.

My father closes his commerce and gave me this pc, should i upgrade it or buy a new one?

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz, 3203 Mhz, 2 core(s), 2 Logical processor(s)
4 gb ram ddr3, single channel
motherboard msi G41M-S01 (socket lga 775) chipset intel g41
i dont have a graphic card, it is integrated
300 gb hdd
i use linux manjaro (idk if makes difference)

Sorry if this is a stupid question, i am not the hardware guy, i want to use it to programming in general.
If there's something strange in my english pls tell me, i am not american and trying to improve my english.

It's fairly old, however it's still usable - what do you want to achieve out of the upgrade? For light programming work it should be fine as it is, depending on what type of software you are writing?

Edit: PS Your English is fine (although as someone from England I would recommend against using Americans as a basis for good written English lol).

Reactions: King_V
Nov 13, 2020
It's fairly old, however it's still usable - what do you want to achieve out of the upgrade? For light programming work it should be fine as it is, depending on what type of software you are writing?

Edit: PS Your English is fine (although as someone from England I would recommend against using Americans as a basis for good written English lol).
i made some automation programs to a friends startup (i use vim for code edition). The problem is that they want i get in the startup and start developing a entire mobile app, i know how to do it, but with my simple laptop it's impossible, develop these apps is hard to the machine. Here i start thinking about what to do, i upgrade my father old PC, or buy a new one.

Also sorry for that, i start thinking if someone put my language in only a country for basis for speaking or writing, because there are a lot of countries with Portuguese ( my speech) as main language.